DISH 500 setup for tailgate

darkhorse85

Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Nebraska
I've run into a problem with a tailgate setup some friends and I are trying to throw together. I figured I'd ask and see if anyone could help out. I've got a Dish 500. I'm not sure of the receiver model but I have another question about the receiver as well. The receiver is Dish Network provided by Windstream. We've tried to get this set up and we're pretty sure we've got the dish pointed correctly and is on a sturdy tripod. We even went out to buy a satellite finder meter and got good a good reading form that yet no signal to the box. My question about the receiver has to do with where is comes from. It's from my friends apartment and the apartment complex provides them with their service and box free of charge for it (again, this is from Windstream). Coudl the problem be that Windstream has made is so that the box cannot be used outside of that apartment complex? Is there a switch that the coax cable needs to pass through or are we out of luck? If you need any more info about this situation, please let me know and I'd be happy to answer whatever questions you may have. Thanks!

What model number is the receiver?

Did you run a check switch after you connected it to the dish?

It more than likely is an mdu receiver and doesn't have the software to work as a standalone box

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

Not sure of the model number at the moment. It's at his house. I should have written it down. Probably going to have to find an alternate before this Saturday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)