dish 500/split the signal

magnoan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Guys,

I have 2 questions, and thanks for your help in advance,

1. I have an old dish (dish 500) that I would like to use, can I point that 61.5 Echo 3, or is it only design for 119/110 ?

2. I have a dish contacted to 61.5 and would like to use another receiver, can you split the signal, (from one wire contacted to one LNB), and get good signal on both receivers?

Again thanks for your help …..

1. yes you can. Turn the skew to 90 (stright across) and aim at 61.5

2. no. You need one line from the dish per receiver

Great thanks for the info, one more question can I replace the 2 LNB (119/110) I have on the dish 500 with one dish Pro LNB, that way, I have two lines coming out from one LNB ?

2. no. You need one line from the dish per receiver
Sorry, Ice, you're wrong for ONE case. A Single-eye DishPro signal CAN be split.

And yes, magnoan, you should pull that Twin and put a DishPro Dual on it. While you're at it, get an I-adapter from the DishStore to center that LNB for better signal.

SimpleSimon said:
Sorry, Ice, you're wrong for ONE case. A Single-eye DishPro signal CAN be split.

And yes, magnoan, you should pull that Twin and put a DishPro Dual on it. While you're at it, get an I-adapter from the DishStore to center that LNB for better signal.

Nice !

So how can I split the signal from one cable?

On the Single-eye can I just connect the new one(DishPro), or I must have the I-adapter?

Thanks for all the help guys ….

i haven't done this in a long time, but I believe (i'll be corrected if i'm wrong). but the splitters have to be power passing on all ports....

I will buy it this weekend, I see from the picture that there is a DC pass and a DC blocked outputs, when I connect the two receivers dos it make a different what goes where ?

Again thanks …..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts