Dish 500 to 301

Do the dish 500 need a switch or do they run direct to the receiver.also how hard is to point one can either lnb pick up 110 or 119. thanks Ty
A dish 500 is only the reflector the electronics attached to the dish is what you are actually asking about. The LNB on the dish can be a single/ a dual/ a Twin or a quad. They also come as Legacy/Dish Pro and Dish Pro Plus. Aiming is simple or hard depending on your knowledge and abilities.GOOD LUCK!:)

i lust need a dish 500 to pick up 119 and 110 since i only have prepaid.which lnb would i look for to have on eBay.
And it would it be simple to get one with a switch built in. where there one simple wire to run to the receiver.

If its a 301 receiver you can use any type of LNB
Legacy Twin
Legacy Quad
DishPro Twin
DishPro Quad
DishProPlus Twin

you could get a couple others but those need switches and with one box its kinda overkill

If its a 301 receiver you can use any type of LNB
Legacy Twin
Legacy Quad
DishPro Twin
DishPro Quad
DishProPlus Twin

you could get a couple others but those need switches and with one box its kinda overkill

The Legacy, or DP(Dish Pro) TWIN LNB is what you want with the prepaid.

The Legacy would leave the door open just in case you wind up getting a Phillips 3900 refurbished prepaid box down the road because the 3900 ONLY works the Legacy TWIN LNB.

The DP301 will work with either the DP TWIN or Legacy TWIN LNB.

Connect the cable to the input of the 119 side of the LNB(you could do either or since the switch is on the inside, but I am not 100% certain on that) as the instruction manual says.

According to the installation manual on the Dish NOW/YA setup they say use:

Satellite 119
Transponder 11

They recommend Transponder 11 on 119, while others here have said use others.

I use it and my transponders on BOTH 119/110 range in the mid 50's to the mid to upper 60's on others. This is with the NEW SOFTWARE installed, so I have the modified signal stregnth meter on my DP301.

People here have posted maximum signal is something like 75, which makes no sense since the bar goes up to 100. Whatever.

Under the OLD SIGNAL BAR, the MAX is 125. I used to regulary have signals ranging from 110 to 121 on all transponders.

On your initial connection of the DP301, and after you get a signal, there is a strong chance that the DP301 may begin to download the latest software(after you fine tune your satellite pointing), and TURN THE UNIT OFF.

If it begins to download new software, LEAVE IT ALONE.

This may take up to an hour to get the new software, but leave it alone until done.

Just make sure when pointing the Dish 500(THIS IS ALL SUPER IMPORTANT, SO MAKE SURE ALL THIS DONE BEFORE POINTING):

1. The SKEW IS SET CORRECTLY for your zip code. Only way to get 119/110 correctly.
2. The ELEVATION IS SET CORRECTLY for your Zip code.
3. The mast the dish is connected to is PLUMB/FLAT. If you have a leveler(the thing with the bubble) USE IT. If the satellite is not level, you will be left searching for the satellites in VAIN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)