Dish 500 to get 129 west echostar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dodge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
Plano, Illinois, United States
Hi
Does anyone know if the 129 west superdish feed needs a special lnb?
I would like to know if I could use a Dish 500 with a dish pro head and dp 34 switch to get the 129 110 and 119 feeds from echostar, or do I need to get a super dish?
Thanks
dodge

well, the location is actually 121, and yes you need a superdish. The only other thing that works is using a primestar dish, but I don't think you have one of those

We have customers using our standard ku lnb's 11.7 - 12.2. You can even see the ID channel with any mpeg2fta receiver. This is also true with 105. Dish is leasing Ku transponders. If you have a legacy twin for 110 - 119 you can use a SW 21 to add 121 or 105 if you use a dish like our hotdish and a standard ku lnb. Primestar should also work but remember on many of the P* feeds the H side must be powered for the V side to work. Other P* feeds are standard 13 /16 volt switched, these will not say h and V.

Are the "DishPro 300/Dish 300" lnb's ku lnb's? I see them now and then and wondered if there was any difference between the LNB's or if it was just the dish itself. I have a dish pro twin LNB that I upgraded from a pair of legacy duals/sw21's (old dish came with house, new with my system). One of the guys's I work with has an older system with the 18" dish and a single LNB. So I always assumed that the LNB's were the same.

Is following right?

If the small dish is set-up for 110 or 119 it has a DBS LNB, if the small dish was set up for 105, 121 it has a FSS LNB. (not sure about 61.5 or 121)

The super dish really doesn't do anything that you couldn't do with w/smaller dishes - just reduces number of dishes.

-------------

Drat, the more I try to figure out, the more I realize how little I know. Was EE in college with emphasis on communications (digital com, encoding etc) so this is all pretty cool to me, unfortunately I spend most of time counting wires and trying to keep old controllers running.

BTW: The co-worker with the old receiver and small Dish has been in contact with dish about upgrading, and they won't give him the same deals a new subscriber can get.

redhawk said:
Are the "DishPro 300/Dish 300" lnb's ku lnb's? I see them now and then and wondered if there was any difference between the LNB's or if it was just the dish itself. I have a dish pro twin LNB that I upgraded from a pair of legacy duals/sw21's (old dish came with house, new with my system). One of the guys's I work with has an older system with the 18" dish and a single LNB. So I always assumed that the LNB's were the same.

Is following right?

NO. The 121 & 105 satellite are FSS satellites (lower powered) and require a KU LNBF and at least a 30" dish (or a Superdish). KU band uses vertical & horizontal polarity. DBS satellites (61.5, 110, 119, 101, 148) use DBS band which has circular poplarity (L & R) and are a much higher powered satellite. That is why you can use an 18" dish for DBS.
If the small dish is set-up for 110 or 119 it has a DBS LNB, if the small dish was set up for 105, 121 it has a FSS LNB. (not sure about 61.5 or 121)

The super dish really doesn't do anything that you couldn't do with w/smaller dishes - just reduces number of dishes.
Um, yes it does. The Superdish allows you to have both FSS and DBS on one dish. (since FSS needs a larger dish).

thanks iceberg

Thanks for your feedback - I was able to do some more reading and figured out how to add the FSS sats. Didn't know enough to even search before.

Since my locals aren't available, and international isn't something I'd want, it seems at worst I'm looking at missing the potential to maybe miss some PPV sports & the fun ( & expense) of getting everything working. Since NFL package isn't available on Dish, I may be switching to Direct before the season starts.

See you answer the same old questions time after time - well, it might be annoying, but it's appreciated!

Still, there is still something fun about moving that dish around until the signal pops in. It probably would've been more fun when more was available with C-band & money started taking over.

If you want the NFL package now's the time to switch. Directv has a deal going where you can get 4 months free of their Total Choice Plus if you sign up for their NFL Sunday Ticket. You can pay it out over 4 months.

Not trying to troll or anything.

I like how the SuperDISH works, I just didn't like the delays that came with it.