Here's a new one

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgray127

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Discovered a new bug last night.

I was recording The Screen Savers on TV2. TV1 was not in use. I wanted to go use TV2 on a different channel, so I switched to single mode. The recording light switched to reflect that TV1 was now recording. I proceeded to TV2. It was now on the channel that TV1 had been on (Nickolodeon). I changed channels, and lo and behold, the audio changed to the proper channel, but the video changed to The Screen Savers. Subsequent channel changes only changed the audio, not the video. I "powered down" TV2 and got the Dish logo screensaver keyed over G4TechTV's video (itself another bug). Turning TV2 back "on" changed nothing - the logo went away and the audio resumed on whatever channel it had last been on, while the video stayed on G4TechTV. The only way I was able to correct everything and change channels again was by rebooting.

Do any of the Dish tech guys read this forum? I have no desire to waste my time talking to a low level tech support person who's going to tell me to delete all my programming. It would be nice if Echostar had some sort of higher level tech guys interacting off of this (or their own) forum. Arghhh!

jgray127, I feel your pain. We only use ours in dual mode so I don't know if that's a common problem you're experiencing or not. But the bouncing Dish logo over video? Yeah, I hate when that happens. As far as Dish reading this forum, I couldn't really tell you what the frequency is, but yes, "they" do read here. Whether the information they gather results in product improvements or not, I couldn't really say for sure. Some of the things I've complained about here (that probably weren't complained about anywhere else) did get fixed. That made me :). But the great bulk of problems, the serious ones, have remained through several updates. That made me :(.

If I could give you one bit of advice, it would be this: when you experience a bug or problem, DON'T just eat it. Call and complain. If you want to pay little or no attention to the customer service person, that's fine, but don't sit silently in the corner. That will only guarantee that the problem never gets addressed. You cannot count on Dish to find these bugs on their own. We are their beta testers. When you call, specifically ask if your complaint is a known problem. If it is, make sure you get added to the list of people who are experiencing it. If they say it isn't a known problem (it's very possible they will lie to you and tell you they've never heard of it, even if it's something that we know everyone has complained about) then insist that the person on the phone file an "uncommon" report for you. Those are the reports that do go to the techs. Whether or not the techs and software people are able to actually fix anything, well, that's a whole other debate. But at least you'll know that the people who are supposed to fix the problems are getting to hear your complaints.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts