Dish 500 with Twin LNBF, satellite 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sarcoptic

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Bondurant, IA
I have acquired an extra Dish 500 with a Twin LNBF. The LNBF has 110 and 119 written on it. I know the use of this system is to connect to both 110 and 119, well can I take this extra items and hook up one LNBF and point the dish to 61.5? Or do I need to acquire a single Legacy LNBF to use? Thanks!!!

Sarcoptic said:
I have acquired an extra Dish 500 with a Twin LNBF. The LNBF has 110 and 119 written on it. I know the use of this system is to connect to both 110 and 119, well can I take this extra items and hook up one LNBF and point the dish to 61.5? Or do I need to acquire a single Legacy LNBF to use? Thanks!!!

I am confused. Do you want to add 61.5 to 110 and 119? If so you need to add a switch and a dual lnb. The switch and dual lnb need to be of the same type as your 110 119 lnb. Either legacy or dishpro. The extra dish will work fine pointing it will be off by 5 degrees or so but no biggie. You can find the parts you need here quite reasonably. Even I have then probably if you need them just be sure to get what you really need as you can't mix legacy and dishpro

Sorry my terms have been off I am kinda new at this....I currently have a Dish 500 with a Y-Adapter to 2 LNBFs, one for 110 other for 119....I got another dish setup for free exactly like what I already have, dish 500, Y adapter, 2 LNBFs.....I wanting to add 61.5 to my setup, can I just take off the Y adapter and slap on one of the 2 extra LNBF and then use it to point to 61.5....of course run a switch for the 2 dishes in the end....I am trying to figure out if I need to buy anything extra to accomplish my goal

In other works, he has two Dish500 setups, and he'd like to use one to add 61.5 to his setup.

I can tell you that my installation (which was done by Dish) is exactly as you describe. I have two Dish500s and the 61.5 LNB is on one of the ends of the "Y" adapter. I take it that the installer knew now to adjust the dish to allow for aiming to the 61.5 slot.

Sarcoptic said:
Sorry my terms have been off I am kinda new at this....I currently have a Dish 500 with a Y-Adapter to 2 LNBFs, one for 110 other for 119....I got another dish setup for free exactly like what I already have, dish 500, Y adapter, 2 LNBFs.....I wanting to add 61.5 to my setup, can I just take off the Y adapter and slap on one of the 2 extra LNBF and then use it to point to 61.5....of course run a switch for the 2 dishes in the end....I am trying to figure out if I need to buy anything extra to accomplish my goal
Sounds like you have two legacy lnbs on each dish. If you keep your lnb's just as they are you would need a SW64 switch to make this work. Yes Just use one of the lnb's in the 61.5 dish either one doesn't matter. If you only have one or two receivers I would suggest getting a legacy twin and replacing the 110 119 lnb's with that. Then take the feed(s) from that and feed it into one side of a(the) SW21's you must have and feed your new dish feed(s) into the other side of the SW21's. You will need to do a check switch too for this to work. In the menu on your receiver. If you have more than two receivers now you probably already have a SW64 then all you need to do is hook your new lnb to the SW64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts