Dish 500

bobcatcharlie

Original poster
Sep 20, 2011
upper michigan
I have been using a Dish 500 DP Plus dish for several years while in Florida for he winter. I now have HD at home in Michigan with a 1000.4 dish. I was previously using 110 and 119 with the Dish 500. Can I use the same dish and get 119 and 129? I don't care about locals (cable where we stay and everything I care about is on those two sat. I've picked them up separately on several trips with my KVH in motion sat dome, (it can only pick up one at a time).

I did a cross ref. check from the list here on the Sat. Guys web site. Most of the ones on 110 that were not on 119 or 129, I can do without. At least as far as I know. If I find out when I get to Florida in Jan. that I'm missing something important, I'll get new dish. For now, I'm going to try my 500 as instructed above.
Thanks everyone.

Guys, I tried doing the same for me. I cannot catch the Hindi Mega Pack Channels. Do I need to change the Equipment. Conversely what I require to see the streaming of International Channels. My Dish was last installed in 2008. I heard there were some changes in last quarter of 2010 where all international channels were moved from 61.5. Please help, what to do now.

Hindi Mega Pak is on sat 118.7. You need a 500+ dish to get that sat. It's an FSS satellite so you can't just point a 500 wing dish at it. You need a "plus" dish.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)