Dish 508 having sound & picture breakups.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rudolpht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
It appears that the disk must be corrupted. If I ditch a lot of stored programming it records fine then has the problem for all subsequent recordings.

Is there a support phone I can call to get a replacement w/o trying a series of 20 inane and not working diagnostic step with an uniformed CSR? Is there a way to do a defrag or disk integrity check to write over or block a bad sector?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Tim

I have this problem too.

It was working fine for the first couple of weeks, then I would (mostly) have sound drop out, and a quiet "bee" coming from my receiver.

Your only option is to call 800-333-3474 and select option for Technical support go through the inane tests then do a RA they will ship you a remanufactured 508 HOPEFULLY without problems.

Sounds like a tuner failure. When that happens you will start to notice on live tv and your recordings that they are pixellating and getting worse as time goes by.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)