Dish 522 / DP-34 switch error

bandoul

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 13, 2005
Guys I have a Super Dish connected to a DP-34 Switch (3 cables go from the dish straight into input 1,2,3 on the DP-34 Switch). Today I disconnected my fully functional 322 Dual Tuner Receiver and then connected and activated my new 522 DVR but for the life of me and even though I didn't fool with anything on the Super Dish or the DP-34 Switch, I can't get the switch test to complete for SAT2 input. With SAT2 input connected I get 3 green bars for SAT1 and 1 Green bar under 110 for SAT2. With SAT2 not connected I get 3 green bars for SAT1 and I have picture and sound on TV1. I am going nuts! This is not rocket science, I've swapped the input cables just in case I mislabled them and I get the reverse. Did I just blow my DP-34 Switch? Get this, I reconnected my still activated 322 Receiver and I have the same effen problem now!!!!!

Are there unique steps for connecting the cables from output 1 and 2 on the switch to the input ports SAT1 and SAT2 on the receiver????

Do I need to buy a new DP-34?

You're half way there. Now reverse cables at 34 switch to see if the symptoms that followed swap at rec follow the cable or the 34 switch.

There is no special sequence.

This is common problem with highly unstable DP technology.

Try rec reset then switch check.
Try dropping power to all receivers if more are connected to reset 34 switch.

If you only have the 522 connected try two dif ports on 34.

By that time you will know if sw is bad.

ps
input ports 1 & 2 do not follow tv 1 & 2.

I also have had similar connecting issues (not with a 522 however) and just switched out the ports on the DP34 and things resolved mysteriously. Maybe the signal just gets stubborn occasionally and needs an adjustment. This also seems to reset the searching for satellite signal screen so maybe the receiver just gets jammed on a prior test and a reset is what it needs. This doesnt seem right but this has worked for me

Thanks to inwo & lwilbur for their replies. Murphy's law dictates if things can go wrong they will and it so happens I had 2 simultaneous problems. A bad cable and a bad receiver. I replaced all the cables and re-connected my 322 and everything came back up. I Retested the 522 and SAT1 Turner would not get a signal even though the switch test returned "DP-34" connected. With that, Dish Network is sending out a replacement 522 for $14 (shipping & handling) which they would waive if I sign up for auto bill payment. $14 is not a bad hit to get a remanufactured 522. I am good with that. Thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)