Dish 522 Newbie with questions

mfarlow

Original poster
Aug 16, 2004
Just got a Dish 522 and I've got a few questions...

1) The TV#2 remote doesn't work well at all. We're pushing buttons 5-10 times while moving the remote all over the living room to change the channel. The distance between TV#1 and TV#2 is perhaps 40-50 feet, on the same floor. Any advice?

2) The remote control has a PIP button, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there a trick to making connections so that this function will work?

3) Is it possible to record one program while watching another on the same TV?

Thanks.

This post probably should go in the DVR 522 forum.

Anyway, to answer your questions:
1) Try adding a length of coax cable to the UHF antenna on the back of the receiver. I had to put my UHF antenna on top of my entertainment center to get the TV2 remote to work throughout the house.

2) PIP only works in Single mode. Press the mode button on the front panel to switch modes. This is a new feature so your manual won't have instructions.

3) Yes, if you set to record on the other tuner. It's a no brainer in single mode. In dual mode you have to set to record with the remote of the other tuner. You can also set the default tuner to use when setting a timer. If that tuner is busy at the set time it will automatically switch to the other tuner (but you have to use the TV1 remote for this. The TV2 remote will always chose TV2 as the tuner to record).
Confused now?

mfarlow said:
1) The TV#2 remote doesn't work well at all.
Sometimes it takes nothing more than repositioning that antenna on the back to the 522. You can add a length of coax like already suggested. For me, all's I had to do was rotate it maybe 20 degrees off to one side to clear up my problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)