DISH 522 with 2.51.... I LOVE IT!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Slyster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 21, 2005
First time ever having this unit it is working flawlessly!! Everything is functioning now.. all the weird problems are gone! Very few (if any) audio drops and pixelation even. I THINK THEY GOT IT RIGHT finally!...?

Everyone else cool with 2.51?

Slyster said:
First time ever having this unit it is working flawlessly!! Everything is functioning now.. all the weird problems are gone! Very few (if any) audio drops and pixelation even. I THINK THEY GOT IT RIGHT finally!...?

Everyone else cool with 2.51?

I must agree. I haven't noticed anything. No pixelation problems. No audio-drops. Just nothing. Maybe I should stop my receiver from updating. :)

Well I missed the entire Sci-Fi Friday lineup this week and apparently there are no repeats of SG1 or Atlantis (I've already scheduled the monday night repeat of BSG). Argh!

What I ended up with was two recordings of SG1. One was zero minutes and the other was the local NBC affiliate's 10pm news followed by half of the Tonight Show. Very weird.

Dish with bug-free software?

<pinches all of you>

Wake up, and just a hunch, but put fresh batteries in your smoke detectors...=)

L2.51 is by far the best software version I have seen with my 522 in about 10 months of use. I have seen very few audio drop outs and also very few video pixelations/breakups that I could not contribute to weather. The new ability to set the default start and end padding is also nice. Now if they would just let us edit the existing timers and Dish passes so we could change the occurance like from all to new as an example. And maybe improve the guide info so that they tag the new/current season shows better so the software see them. Currently I have not been able to get a dish pass to make only record new/current episodes on a specific channel it always seems to record all the episodes no matter the setting. I have not tried this on a DVR recurring timer since all I use are dish passes.

Pepper
I really feel for you missing SG1 and Atlantis that is why I also set up my DVD recorder to catch those events also incase the 522 screws up which has happened in the past.

I have also been wanting to change a timer such as going from "new" to "all" and so forth without having to delete the timer and create a new one.

I still want to change what tuner a show will record on. The inlaws were here this weekend and Family Guy, 4400, and The Simpsons kept recording on their Tuner upstairs ( TV 2).

I finally had to switch the box in single mode and watch my backlog of shows (Veronica Mars Season 1) on the 721.

Has anyone else noticed that if TV2 is OFF and you turn TV1 off, you actually don't get a dish logo on TV1 just SNOW. ( I hated the bouncing dish logo anyway)

When you turn off TV2, you get the dish logo just on TV2.

Is this right, or is my 3rd 522 going FLAKEY???

Can anyone verify this operation or should I be calling for another RMA? I'd like to know before getting too many programs stored on the DVR.

Mark, I think that was introduced in one of the more recent software versions. I first noticed it too on my 522 many weeks ago, back when I was using its built-in modulators. It's only cutting off the modulators for some reason--the A/V outputs still show the dish logo. Now since I have 2 ChannelPlus 4-channel modulators (one is *stereo* even :D) I have no real need to use the 522's modulators. I know I'm wasting the stereo output from TV2, but if I used it, that would mean tying one more component into my UHF combined feed, and I like to keep the attenuation and "unbalancedness" to a minimum (I don't think the TV2 output is 25 dBmv, at least it acts like it's plenty under that). Besides, it's much better to combine in one component for 4 channels than to tie in one for 1 channel. :)

I guess I am lucky I don't see as many of the problems are the rest of you are but I am using my 522 in single mode not dual so maybe that is part of the reason. I do record alot with it average 4-5 hours a day during the week. Most of the shows end up getting deleted after watching a couple of minutes then determining that I have seen it and don't really care to watch it again right then.

I still get the Audio dropout accompanied by a video glitch problem during DVR playback just not as often as befor.

Yes I have had a couple of audio drop outs now maybe one every couple of days which is much better than almost every time a timer fired in the background while I was watching a previous recorded event much improved.

Mark_AR said:
Has anyone else noticed that if TV2 is OFF and you turn TV1 off, you actually don't get a dish logo on TV1 just SNOW. ( I hated the bouncing dish logo anyway)
When you turn off TV2, you get the dish logo just on TV2.
Is this right, or is my 3rd 522 going FLAKEY???
Can anyone verify this operation or should I be calling for another RMA? I'd like to know before getting too many programs stored on the DVR.
Is that the criteria? When I had two 322s, one always showed the logo on TV1 when off, the other never did. I called and complained and they sent me a replacement for the latter but it too never showed logos. Then I got a 522 to replace one 322 and it never seems to show the logo when off. I'll have to try and see what happens when TV2 is on.

JohnP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts