Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok here is a wierd one...

Last night I was flipping through my guide on my Dish 6000... and decided to watch TV Land

It told me in order to watch TV I needed to PPV order the show that was on!

Whats up with that?

Below is a picture I took of the screen. Any ideas?

Also I am turning off my 6000 at night but when I turn it on I am still seeing INFO NOT AVAILABLE in my guide an hour into the future. I thought this was something that was fixed in 7.81?

I have had PPV channels mapped to a couple of channels and then I get the same thing that you describe. The channel is then treated as a PPV channel.

The remapping was for HDnet movies and ESPN-HD.

I fixed it with a power-cycle.

Lee

Why can't it every corrupt so that you can get PPV movies for free? I get stuff like this on my 6000 every once in a while.

During the beta process, this was one of the things that Dish had us specifically look for. It never happened on my 6000, and I tried everything I could think of to make it happen. Sigh...

markdl said:
During the beta process, this was one of the things that Dish had us specifically look for. It never happened on my 6000, and I tried everything I could think of to make it happen. Sigh...

Well Mark, now you know how it feels, I have a 721 with Beta software that works really good. Yet many people got the software and are having problems with it.

It really hard when your beta testing and have little or no problems and you can't report anything wrong.

Then the software hits public and you feel bad the software has bugs that you did not see on your beta software. Amazing I still have most of my hair. :D

Definitely know what you mean, Scott. I did more reporting of bugs than anyone else on the team (I think they were starting to get tired of my daily email reports to them), and just about everything that I reported got fixed...but it is frustrating to not have the problems that everyone else seems to have when the goal is to root out those problems.

So we can blame Mark for the IR bug then... ;) Is the TIVO/REPLY crowd at your door picketing yet?

<<< Humor just incase no one gets it >>>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)