Dish 61.5

DBLEPLATINUM

Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
I just recently moved to Great Falls Montana I have a dish 1000 and a single dish and I'm trying to pick up the hd locals on 61.5 on my single dish but my receiver is not picking it up anyone has any answers

I just recently moved to Great Falls Montana I have a dish 1000 and a single dish and I'm trying to pick up the hd locals on 61.5 on my single dish but my receiver is not picking it up anyone has any answers
The only HD locals on 61.5 are Boston, NY, Philly and DC. You would have to "move" to one of those locations in order to receive their HD locals.

What switch are you using to combine 61.5 and the D1000? Are you sure it's a 1000 or a 1000.2?

If you have a 1000.2, you run a cable from the 61.5 dish to the 1000.2 SAT IN port and run check switch on the receivers. If you have a 1000, you'll need a switch. A DPP44 if you're using 4 satellite locations.

Its a dish 1000 but i have an another dish for 129 so the dish is just using 119 and 110 but i want to pick up 61.5 so how do i do it

Ok if you don't want to keep 129 run a wire from the dish at 61.5 to the sat-in port on the DPPlus Twin on the 1000. Make sure you are using a DP dual on the 61.5 sat if it is old take the one off the 1000 for 129 and put it on that dish.

Ok if you don't want to keep 129 run a wire from the dish at 61.5 to the sat-in port on the DPPlus Twin on the 1000. Make sure you are using a DP dual on the 61.5 sat if it is old take the one off the 1000 for 129 and put it on that dish.

how do i know if it is a dp dual or not the one on the single dish says dish pro

If it says Dish Pro you are good to go;)

my Receiver is still not picking 61.5 up dont know what i can be doing wrong

if you have the dish connected into the input on the DPP lnb, you should be getting the 61.5.

If not, I would pull the lnb off the dish you were using for 129, (cause you know it works) and try it... if it still doesnt work, check your alignment.
The easiest way to do this, is connect the reciever directly to the 61.5 dish. After you get a good signal and everything lined up properly, then hook the rest of the stuff back up.

Cover the 129 lnb if you have the dish 1000 or 1000.2 sat dish. Run another check switch & it will recognize 61.5 and 110/119 only then.

still not picking up 61.5 dont know what else to do any ideas does it matter if i'm in montana i know the lnb works cause i can pick up 129 on the wing dish cause it wasnt picking up well on the dish 1000 so the installer install an another dish for the 129 but i wanna pick up 61.5 cause i did the move to NY so i want their hd locals

I would just go directly from the 61.5 lnb to the receiver and try to aim it, once you get it aligned then make the proper connections and run check switch.

how far should i swing the dish to the right and should i set the azimuth, elevation and skew even wit me using a dish 500 as a wing dish

how far should i swing the dish to the right and should i set the azimuth, elevation and skew even wit me using a dish 500 as a wing dish

Where in Montana are you located? Someone in your other thread pointed you to a satellite position calculator.

For Great Falls, I"m getting:

Azimuth 121.9
Elevation 17.5

Echostar 5 at 110 W is at 178.2 so you need to look at where your D500 is aimed and swing it to your left if you're standing behind the dish.

The elevation sounds kind of right because I'm in the Bay Area and my elevation is really low, 14.1. So the dish looks like it's pointing to the ground. Just make sure your mast is level.

Where in Montana are you located? Someone in your other thread pointed you to a satellite position calculator.

For Great Falls, I"m getting:

Azimuth 121.9
Elevation 17.5

Echostar 5 at 110 W is at 178.2 so you need to look at where your D500 is aimed and swing it to your left if you're standing behind the dish.

The elevation sounds kind of right because I'm in the Bay Area and my elevation is really low, 14.1. So the dish looks like it's pointing to the ground. Just make sure your mast is level.

the 61.5 is the wing dish so its not on the other dish its by itself so if i'm standing behind it do i turn it toward the other dish or away the other dish has the 119/110 so i'm thinking i'm suppose to turn it away

the 61.5 is the wing dish so its not on the other dish its by itself so if i'm standing behind it do i turn it toward the other dish or away the other dish has the 119/110 so i'm thinking i'm suppose to turn it away

I understand that the 61.5 is the wing dish and it is by itself. What I'm trying to tell you is that if you look at the other dish pointing at 119 and 110 will give you an idea where to aim the wing dish. If you're standing behind the dish the 61.5 dish needs to move to the left or to the east.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts