Dish 612 receiver

Link

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Illinois
I'm looking to save money and was going to get rid of the Hopper for the Dish 612 I used to use. Is the DVR fee $10 on this as my only receiver? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Dish customer chat on this.

The Wally might be another option and just attach an external hard drive.

I'm looking to save money and was going to get rid of the Hopper for the Dish 612 I used to use. Is the DVR fee $10 on this as my only receiver? I can't seem to get a straight answer from Dish customer chat on this.

Yes as the primary receiver the $10 DVR fee would be it. The 612 is a dual tuner with OTA built in, Wally is single tuner with OTA a $60 extra cost.

Reactions: EchostarFan
I think current ViP users are grandfathered in with the old fees and new activations would be $15.
...and just to clarify, since the OP is not currently using the ViP612, it would still count as a new activation, at the same $15 rate as the Hopper.

I definitely recommend the Wally.

The older receivers are $15 dvr fees now too? That’s crazy.
I agree that is crazy. I know there is a thread that specifically stated that the ViP DVR fee was going up to $15 per month. I don't know if we ever got clarification on the DVR fee for older (non-ViP) DVRs, such as the 512, but even if the DVR fee is still lower, Dish probably wouldn't let you activate a receiver that old anyway. I still think the Wally is the best option.

Yes as the primary receiver the $10 DVR fee would be it. The 612 is a dual tuner with OTA built in, Wally is single tuner with OTA a $60 extra cost.

If the account is Grandfathered for that then yes, otherwise it is $15.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)