Dish 622 and Dish 500 Dish?

kirkjt

Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
I've just called to upgrade to the 622 from a 522. The dealer said that I shouldn't need a new dish (But he also admitted that he might be incorrect and was going to read the promotion details again and call me back when he was in the office).

Question: I currently have a Dish 500. Does the installation included with my $299 upgrade fee include a new dish (Is it the SuperDish or Dish1000)? Is there going to be new programming on the 129 bird that I would benefit from? What about 61.5?

My (SD) locals are currently on 110 or 119, so I have never had a need to upgrade, but if a dish upgrade is included in the installation,then I think I need to get it.

Thanks.

I was told that I wouldn't need the Dish 1000 too. I inquired about it and the CSR checked and told I didn't need it. I hope to have my 622 sometime in the next week or so. I don't have an install date until the 28th so I figure if the channels come in I'm all set, otherwise someone's installing a new dish. My advice, get your 622, hook it up and check it out. If things don't work, give a call to Dish.

If I may ask, where do you live? I live in Stewartsville, NJ. Maybe its not required if you live in certain parts of the country?

There have been a number of posts on this.

But to clarify in general the dish1000 is required, so that you can get the Voom channels part of the new metallic hd packs is on 129. BUT, the whole country cant get 129. There is a thread that identifies the area's 129 cant get, east coast mainly http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=369691&postcount=71. The channels are mirrored to 61.5, which can be seen by the east coast for this.

So you wont need a D1000 but you will need another dish pointed at 61.5, if you dont have one already, for the east coast and d1000 pretty much everywhere else.

Edit - correct misleading statement about 61.5 not being seen by west cost - thanks sonny

Last edited:
Actually, the west coast can see 61.5. I live in LA and have my second Dish 500 pointed at it. It's fine.

Dish1000 is included

When I talked to the dealer again, he did indeed say that the install included the Dish1000...looks like it's required to get the "full" hd lineup unless you already have a dish at 61.5.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts