Aligning dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tlhampton

Original poster
Aug 13, 2023
Nebraska
If I have my dish set so it gets sat 110 but not 119, what do I need to adjust to get both? I have a Wally with 1000.2 dish set to 38.8, 109, 196 zip cod starting 691

Last edited:
If I have my dish set so it gets sat 110 but not 119, what do I need to adjust to get both?
Sorry, but you'll have to give more information to get a helpful answer. What dish are you using? What receiver? Location? Dish settings.....skew, elevation, etc.?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Your Dish may very well be pointed about 9 degrees too far east, picking up 110 on the 119 lnb and the 110 lnb is looking at 101 where there is nada for Dish.

Cover the left (looking from behind the dish) lnb with aluminum foul and try to find 110 with the right lnb. Once found, remove the foil and 119 should be there.

This is all assuming that the pole is absolutely vertical and skew set by the book.

I am also assuming you have an lnb head with 2 "eyes".

If yours has three "eyes" cover the left and center ones and search for 110 with the right lnb.

The reflection off the dish reverses the order of satellites to their lnb, left to right they are 129, 119, 110.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Status
Please reply by conversation.