Dish 625 and S Video

EYE

Original poster
May 10, 2007
I recently switched some TVs around with the intention of hooking up S-video to the Toshiba in the office. (We have a new 1080p HD Sony in the living room that works great with the VIP622.) Simple enough...but no matter how I connect up the 625 to the office TV (TV #1) the only way I get picture & audio is via co-axle cable. Whether I connect up the S-Video & RCA R/L audio (Monster) cables OR use (Monster) RCA cables for Video and R/L audio--NOTHING but snow and zero audio.
Up until now, I have never connected anything except co-axle from the 625 to this Toshiba but thought (since it has a S-video input) I would see how it compares to the HD on the Sony and the VIP622.
I have tried to turn off everything and reconnected so maybe new connections would be recognized and then I tried swearing at it and still nothing. I have looked at the 625 menu and discovered no setting.
Is there a setting or switch to activate the S-Video output and R/L audio outputs from the 625?
Thanks

Try to find the input button on your toshiba remote...if you're getting snow you're probably on channel 3 or 4 and you need to be on whatever input you're connected to, such as Audio/Video for your RCA jacks.

I knew it was somthing simple I was overlooking. I am not very familiar with this TV and had to find where the input selection was. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)