Dish 625 - Dish 500 Twin Question

DennisL

Original poster
Feb 15, 2004
I apologize if this question has asked and answered before, but I can't find anything earlier on my specific config.

I currently have an older Dish 500 Twin LNB feeding two 301 receivers. Can I replace these with a 625, running the two feeds from the dish to the receiver inputs, and then from the receiver outputs to the tv's? No LNB swap, switches, diplexers needed, correct?

There's a DVR fee for the 625, right?

Thanks.

DennisL said:
I apologize if this question has asked and answered before, but I can't find anything earlier on my specific config.
I currently have an older Dish 500 Twin LNB feeding two 301 receivers. Can I replace these with a 625, running the two feeds from the dish to the receiver inputs, and then from the receiver outputs to the tv's? No LNB swap, switches, diplexers needed, correct?
There's a DVR fee for the 625, right?
Thanks.

Yes. That should work fine. DVR fee depends on phone connection and level of service you have.

The phone connection has nothing to do with the DVR fee. The no phone penalty shows up as an additional outlet fee. The DVR fee depends on the DVR model (all except 501, 508, 721) and your level of service (waived if you have AEP).

Dennis L, the 625 will count as one receiver, so with the DVR fee, it will be a wash for you.

DVR fee going up to $5.98 next month. You save $4.99 on the additional outlet fee. It will only cost $0.99 extra compared to having two standard satellite receivers connected. You save the additional $5.98 DVR fee by having the two tuner DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)