Dish 721 reboots and reboots and reboots...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mitchedo

Original poster
Apr 18, 2005
...and never starts. As long as it's not connected to the LNB (DishPro Twin on a Dish500), it seems to start okay (I can get to all the menus and such), but the second I hook up the satellite input(s), it reboots.

When I start out with the satellite input(s) connected, it goes through all the "verifying hard drive", then gets to the "starting receiver... please wait" for about 8-10 seconds, then reboots. ...can't get to the menus or anything.

I've verified the installation of the LNB and cables by connecting another 721 that works perfectly.

This is a brand new 721 that E* says has never been activated before. There are no "refurbished" stickers on the box.

Does anyone have any ideas? It almost acts like the power supply is bad.

Where can I get this thing worked on? The retailer says E* should warranty it; E* says the retailer should warranty it. ...looks like I'm going to eat the bill.

The E* tech guy said to leave it on and "let it take software upgrades" but I don't think that'll fix it; I don't think it's taking upgrades. I left it on, connected to the LNB for over an hour. ...no difference. We're going to leave it on all night and all day tomorrow.

If it comes on without the Satellite connected, but loops re-booting with them connected, (I think that is what I read), then you might try to power on without the Satellite connected, do a check switch, when completed, unplug, re-attach the Satellite and see if it starts. I do not know if this will work, but I do think it is worth a try. Oh, you are attaching two Satellite feeds, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)