Dish 722 old to Hopper/sling new (1 Viewer)

Dennis Tomlinson

Feb 8, 2017
Owosso, Michigan
I recently got 2 Hoppers, one for my house and one for my cabin up north. The Dish Tech installed both in my house, knowing that the 2nd one I would take to my cabin during the summer.

I took the 2nd hopper to my cabin where I have the 1000-4EA dish installed. My old 722 had a single cable that fed the dish. When hooking the hopper to the old installation, I don't get any signal.

Do I have to rewire and run 3 cables from the 1000-4E to a single NODE to get the hopper to hook up to the 1000-4E LNB?

My home where the technician installed the 2 hoppers, wired it to my dish which is a 1000-2E with 2 horns. I see he ran 3 cables from the three ports to a dual Node before entering the house.

Thanks, Dennis

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
At the cabin, you will need two coaxes from the dish to a single node. One coax from the node to the Hopper... The third coax is only for multiple hoppers as is the duo node.

S

SamH@DISH

I recently got 2 Hoppers, one for my house and one for my cabin up north. The Dish Tech installed both in my house, knowing that the 2nd one I would take to my cabin during the summer.

I took the 2nd hopper to my cabin where I have the 1000-4EA dish installed. My old 722 had a single cable that fed the dish. When hooking the hopper to the old installation, I don't get any signal.

Do I have to rewire and run 3 cables from the 1000-4E to a single NODE to get the hopper to hook up to the 1000-4E LNB?

My home where the technician installed the 2 hoppers, wired it to my dish which is a 1000-2E with 2 horns. I see he ran 3 cables from the three ports to a dual Node before entering the house.

Thanks, Dennis
If you have service set up at your summer home, we can have a technician come there to do the install and make sure your dish is positioned correctly. Please send a PM with the account or phone number for the summer home and the 4 digit PIN and we can get that set up for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts