Dish 722 upgrade - remote troubles

letoatrads

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Got the tech here now - not having much luck getting TV 1 on UHF for the remote. I've got the 722 in a closet behind the TV on the wall and using it for PIP and main output, so I would like to get both TV1 and TV2 using the UHF output....

Anyone have this working? Onsite guy isn't sure, and he is online with Dish now who is 'researching' -

The 6.3 remote from the box thats used for tv 2 will work for tv in single mode but from the system info screen just press sat on the remote then press record.

Also if you have two remotes that on the back say 6.3 ir/uhfpro then if you remote the battery cover there is a switch that will allow for uhf band a & uhf band b but for dual mode then tech needs a special remote key that only comes in a replacement remote box from dish part# 149714 and the key with the black #1 must be inserted.

Well, I've got 2 6.3 IR/UHF Pro remotes - 1 key is Black UHF on 1 side ( no #1) and the other side 2 UHF and BLUE.

Other Key is Green #1 UHF and Black UHF ( no # ) on the other side -

Does it sound like either of these keys will work?

Thanks - that was my assumption as well. I've tried the following. Dropped in the Green #1 key, rebooted the 722 , went to system info, hit record.

Nada - no changes.

Looks like I might need to try to paper clip trick to get it up and running - anyone know which slot I need to manipulate? Left or Right, or both?

Thanks -

Got the tech here now - not having much luck getting TV 1 on UHF for the remote. I've got the 722 in a closet behind the TV on the wall and using it for PIP and main output, so I would like to get both TV1 and TV2 using the UHF output....

Anyone have this working? Onsite guy isn't sure, and he is online with Dish now who is 'researching' -
I had the same problem, all you have to do is take out the green key and turn over to black side then insert slowly till you hear a click that will set it to uhf for tv 1. I've done this a lot of times it works , you don't leave the black key in so it will look funny with no key, I have 3 of them I did this way. after that you just program it to your code of choice and hit record. they also sell a remote with a special key if you want to spend about 20 bucks.

Thanks - that was my assumption as well. I've tried the following. Dropped in the Green #1 key, rebooted the 722 , went to system info, hit record.

Nada - no changes.

Looks like I might need to try to paper clip trick to get it up and running - anyone know which slot I need to manipulate? Left or Right, or both?

Thanks -

Using the "paper clip" solution, move the internal switch to the 2nd to the last spot from the right.

Thanks, I found your other post and was trying to do this too -

I've think I've got the remote set properly ( half popped in the black key and removed) - though when I go to system info I've got

Primary Remote Address 7 TV1 IR

Secondary Remote Address 3 TV2 UHF Pro Band A -

Hitting SAT then Record on this screen isn't making any changes. Am I missing a step?

Thanks, I found your other post and was trying to do this too -

I've think I've got the remote set properly ( half popped in the black key and removed) - though when I go to system info I've got

Primary Remote Address 7 TV1 IR

Secondary Remote Address 3 TV2 UHF Pro Band A -

Hitting SAT then Record on this screen isn't making any changes. Am I missing a step?
you might have to be in front of the 722 when you hit the record it will then say tv 1 uhf if correct

Hit the SAT button...release when all the other function buttons light up

type in 7 (for your address)

Pound button.

And then hit RECORD

EDIT: you should be doing all of this in the System Info screen

Hey hey - making progress -

Now I've got

Primary Remote Address 7 TV1 IR/UHF Pro Band A in system info...

Only the remote doesn't work yet. Thanks everyone who had chipped in, definitely appreciate all the help.

Belay that guys - we are working now.

Here is the funny part - the remote that works....is the one I quit working with 30 minutes ago.

Somehow I set the correct Band/UHF combo using the other remote and now this one works on UHF through the wall.

Many thanks to all the help guys - Anyone in the Atlanta area has an open invite for BBQ and Beer =)

Aside from the remote, make sure you are allowing for some kind of ventilation in that closet. 722's run hot and without it, you could easily damage it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts