Dish 811 Acting Up - No Apparent Cause

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Carl B

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2003
Arvada, CO
I have a 3-1/2 year old Dish 811 with the P388 software. So I'm watching a Starz movie channel and I'm in my Favorites list for Movies. I click on the EPG. I click it again and again to move through my 4 Favorites lists and the All Channels and All Subs lists. Lo and behold, my Favorites list called Main (because it has the channels I most watch), is no longer their.

I check out the Favorites from Menu and I have an unnamed Favorites list without and channels selected. This in place of my Main list. I try to name the list and after a save, all I get is jibberish. I try to recreate the list, but it will not save. I do a soft reboot and go through the Favorites routine again to no avail. I do a hard reboot and try again, no joy!

I just dread the thought that now I'm going to have to call Dish support and have some moron ask me to check and see if all the wires are connected and the power is on.

Anyone else have such a problem or better yet, have a solution tha doesn't involve a gun or signing up with Comcast?

Thanks,

Carl B.

Tried another hard reboot, no joy. Now I notice that I can't even add or subtract selections from the other 3 Favorites lists that still work. This is bizarre and OBTW, again something goes wrong after the 811 gets a software update.

Carl B.

I'm sorry haven't seen this issue on my 811.

I know it sucks, but I'd call Dish on it. Might get lucky (I agree it isn't fun calling them) and they might be able to walk you through a memory dump or something that can fix it.

Unplugging for 15 minutes didn't work (just a longer duration hard reboot). Using Restore Factory Defaults (6-1-6) from the Menu did the trick. Of course I had to recreate all of my Favorites lists and reset several other items in the Menu. Thanks to "teletype" for the suggestion.

Carl B.

Unplugging for 15 minutes didn't work (just a longer duration hard reboot). Using Restore Factory Defaults (6-1-6) from the Menu did the trick. Of course I had to recreate all of my Favorites lists and reset several other items in the Menu. Thanks to "teletype" for the suggestion.

Carl B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)