Dish 811 - P282 Update

nippjas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 21, 2004
I am creating this thread for feedback, fixes and new bugs.

DP811 firmware release P282 Phase 1 began spooling on 11-18-04.

Release notes are as follows:

Patch for BSOD.
Patch for Dolby Digital 5.1 AV receiver incompatibilities. (I am questioning whether this patch made it into this release.)
Patch point dish tone issue
Patch to lock channel seek when EPG refreshes.
Patch for reboot when powering on the receiver with LCD monitor.
Patch DVI zoom HD output to correct underscan
Patch for system clock descrepancy when tuned to OTA for a given period of time.
Patch for guide information

Jason

I'll check what R ID series it's spooling to.....Maybe their going to spool it slower as a precaution....the last 2 downloads some users have had issues taking...Including myself.

John Kotches said:
I just had a hardware swapout, and I've got a much newer box, so I'll probably be lower on the priority list.

Cheers,
John...This is not true...If you got a new in box receiver, factory sealed it had to grab the most current software rev from the PID stream...go to sys info and check....There is a possiblity you did get the new rev.

Jason

I have the 282 download but see no differences; however, I have had none of the problems many of the people here seemed to have. But, that may be attributed to the fact that OTA is not an option for me, so of course, I have not had those OTA problems. If I see anything new and different with the new download I will post them.

well the one thing i see right off is info not available is gone for me!! After the last update i could not go out two days and see all info. I still cant see what is coming on on my local Fox digital Nbc and pbs. I can however see nbc analog what is coming on within two hours. I locked up once but i was really testing this box hard. I work with computers so i am used to a lock up here and there.

So for me the only problem is three local digital channels do not display any info and whats comming on.

While going through my OTAs I got a lock-up and "aquiring." Everything else seems to be the same. We'll have to wait and see in the BSOD is history.

It is a large download... took forever, I do not think I will see any differences since I have not had any issues in the last few releases. My local HD channels do not disagree with the 811.

Reports I am seeing are anywhere between 20 - 40 minutes...It is big!

And again, The Dolby Digital patch did not make it into this release...Expected in P284.

Jason

Bobby said:
While going through my OTAs I got a lock-up and "aquiring." Everything else seems to be the same. We'll have to wait and see in the BSOD is history.
Please note that the BSOD patch...well E* is stating "To Reduce Occurances"...Flames in reposnse to the before mentioned statement can be emailed directly to E*...Thank you....:rolleyes:

nippjas said:
John...This is not true...If you got a new in box receiver, factory sealed it had to grab the most current software rev from the PID stream...go to sys info and check....There is a possiblity you did get the new rev.

Jason

Jason,

I installed it yesterday, and I got 2.81 :(

Cheers,

282 is working good so far on my 811 here at work. Left it on OTA all afternoon. clock kept time and when I just switched back to a sat channel after a few seconds I had picture and sound - no BSOD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)