Dish 811 - P284 Update

sprite1741

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2004
Release Notes for P284 Courtesy of Jason Nipp and the Dish 811 Software Team.

1. Fix for many of the cases of black screen with a banner. Most cases were related to the way the MPEG decoder starts and stops. This fix will not correct all cases which seem to be worse when changing back and forth from off-air to satellite, but it will alleviate the majority. More fixes are on the way.

2. Fixed a modem dial out bug that could hang when using the interactive customer service application.

3. Improved the accuracy of the internal time clock when tuned to off-air. During the time a receiver is tuned to an OTA channel, it is not receiving the satellite data including program guide and time reference signals. This caused problems with some VCR and reminder timers as well as confusion in the guide if tuned away from satellite for even just a few hours.

4. Implemented a suppression of most cases of visible data on Line 21 used by some programmers on standard definition channels. This is not data added by DISH Network but was recognized as irritating on plasma and LCD screens which had no overscan protected area. Some programmers have not recognized the need to pay more careful attention to the four edges of their signal when more viewers are able to see those edges now.

There are also several small bug fixes for things like inconsistent beeps in the point dish screen, rain fade lockups, improved surfing of OTA channels and the like.

Expect more fixes to come for the remaining black screen cases, situations causing a hang in the software, improved compatibility with more Dolby systems and things like that. The next code update is expected to be P285 and be distributed in late January.

Original message by sprite1741

Just started a new download here. Will know more when it completes.

Yeah let us know and what version was you on before hand? Thanks for the Info!

It's not online. Are you a beta tester?

Either way I think I will wait till I see the reports from you guys until I let it download. Right now I have a working box and see no reason to screw it up.

Yeah I have the 281 I know they got rid of the 282. Then word was the 283 was going to come out but maybe they combined it with the 284.

Yeah I will check mine see if I have it at lunch. Gald things are working so far let us know if you see any big changes.

Ahh geez I guess I will let my box take this thing so I can report what I see :(

Just fininshed setting things right after download. Previous version 282. Now 284. One hiccup- the dl reset the remote address on the 811 to "1" instead of "2". This caused conflict with my 510 box. Thought something may have returned the box to factory defaults but my guide favorites were unaffected.

If anyone finds their remote does not work check your remote address on the sys info screen. Hopefully I'll be the only one that has/ had a problem.

No other probems to report although my box was fairly stable before.

Rick

FYI. It is being reported that all those who already have 2.82 will be the first to get this new release. Those of us that still have 2.81 will have to wait until the 2.82 receivers are all updated.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
FYI. It is being reported that all those who already have 2.82 will be the first to get this new release. Those of us that still have 2.81 will have to wait until the 2.82 receivers are all updated.

NightRyder

or 2.83, for that matter (like me)

I have 282 and I can't seem to get mine to download 284.

I've tried holding down the power button to recylce it and turning it off for a half hour via the remote.

Do I need to unplug it for a while or something?

--Matt

pfef98 said:
I have 282 and I can't seem to get mine to download 284.

I've tried holding down the power button to recylce it and turning it off for a half hour via the remote.

Do I need to unplug it for a while or something?

--Matt

Try leaving the receiver off at least an hour, sometimes being off just 30 minutes just isn't enough time to start taking the download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)