Dish 811 Receiver and Tivo Series 2 Guide Question

mylo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2004
Hi.

I already have a Dish receiver 811 with an antenna hook to the receiver for OTA Local Channels. I'm living in Puerto Rico. Everything works fine as the Local Channels on Puerto Rico (Digital and Analog ones) appears on the Dish Channel Guide Grid with the rest of the USA National Channels.

I already have a Tivo Series 1 (Sony SVR2000) connected to a Dish Receiver 301 working fine. But I would get the Pioneer and the Toshiba new Tivo boxes. One of them will be hookup to the 811 box. On the 811 box the local channels appears as 2-00, 4-00, 11-00, etc (i.e. Analog and Digital Channels from Puerto Rico). With the Tivo hookup to the 811 would I be able to change to that channels? On the Dish 811 if I just type 2 the Dish won't change to that channel. In order for change to those channels I need to type 002-01 for Digital and 002-00 for Analog. Is there other way in whish I just type 2 and will change to the desire channel?

How would the local channels appears on the Tivo Guide??

On my 301 - Series 1 Tivo setup I have the Tivo Guide with the Dish and Local Antenna and the antenna is hookup to the Tivo. Everything works fine but I will loose the Digital Channels.

Sorry for the long post.

Any ideas?

Welcome to SatelliteGuys mylo,

Good question...now that I have a PCTV I guess I could setup the IR Blaster to see if it works, not that it is a Tivo, but the concept is similar, this may take me awhile to try though as I'm in the middle of some Honey Do List projects.

Anyone else already doing this please jump in.

Jason

If I understand this correctly, here is my suggestion:

If your dish receiver has local channels setup (ex. 3, 5 8, 19.....etc), on your TVIO guide, there should have those channels listed, plus you have also dish's local (in my area, they are under 8200 range. Make sure unselect anything under dish's range, and select the beginning of the list as your local normal. You will be all set. By default, TIVO do not select those local channels. Hope that helps.

mylo, I tried but was unsuccessful.

For those of you who may not understand mylo's original question, to direct input a channel number OTA or LiL in the 2-99 range of a DP811, you would have to type 0130 for 13-00 or 0131 for 13-01...etc.

When scheduling a recording using 0130 my PVR software let me input this channel number, but when I hit schedule it told me I had an invalid channel number.

Now this may be a little different on a Tivo so I hope someone with a Tivo series 2 will add their comments.

mylo, as I can see it right now, the only way around this would be to not use the IR Blaster and just schedule a recording separately on the 811 and Tivo.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Overscan problem with 811

Does FSS mean spot beam or CONUS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)