Dish 921 Drawbacks vs Tivo

ocaddict said:
The 921 is an overpriced heap of junk. We all know it. If you're gonna stay with Dish and need HD with DVR, you'll want to wait for the 942. It looks like the best thing since sliced bread, and won't cost you a mortgage payment to acquire.

For all the E* folks waiting for a HD PVR I hope the 942 is the 'best thing since sliced bread' but based on E*'s past track record either you're going to end up with something that's late to market and with many issues for the first 6 months to a year. I hope I'm wrong but what's changed at E* that would cause the 942 to not follow the same path?

The 921 is an overpriced heap of junk. We all know it. If you're gonna stay with Dish and need HD with DVR, you'll want to wait for the 942. It looks like the best thing since sliced bread, and won't cost you a mortgage payment to acquire.

Absolutely correct! Vaporware is completely bug free! and costs nothing. I have one here and it is perfect!. But there is one slight problem. Everytime I look at it the case is a different color. You'd think E* could finally figure out how to be consistent with the colorscheme.

BOTWHORT said:
Mark S
What do you mean by 14 OTA Digital channels scanned by system, did you know you could get OTA digi before you got your 921?

Actually, no I did not... I also didn't have an antenna in my attic until I had my 921 installed. I had my installer add the OTA antenna in the attic at that time.

Happy now though...just wish I had program info for them.

Biggest difference between the 921 and the HD Tivo--one works almost perfectly, the other doesn't.

zubinh said:
Hi All :

This is my first post to your forum.

I am debating if I shoud stick with Dish or jump to Direct. The features of their HD DVR's will make the difference. While reading some of your posts I realize the Dish 921 has two drawbacks:

1. No guide Data for OTA stations

2. The 921 does not simultaneously output HD via the component cables and SD via svideo or composite video. It's one or the other, and is switched with the HD/SD button on the remote control. (That is way too annoying)

BUT My system will be hooked up thru DVI. Will this still occur with the 921 or 250??

Does anyone know if these two problems also exist on the HR10-250???? If they don't I'll probably switch to Direct.

Lastly, Do I have to use SuperDish with the 921?

THANKS (Please forgive me if these questions were answered elsewhere)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)