Dish 922 Sling capabilities

MW390

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I tried searching for the bullet points of the 922 but couldn't find them. My question is this. Can the 922 Slingbox also act as a slave for other devices like the present standalone version. If that's not clear enough, are there ports for connecting it up to a DVD player for instance and watching it through the 922.

I want to know if I use a sling catcher with the 922 ,will I be able to sling the picture from the 922 to another hd or sd tv in my bedroom? If it can , this would be a great way to save on additional receiver fees.

I want to know if I use a sling catcher with the 922 ,will I be able to sling the picture from the 922 to another hd or sd tv in my bedroom? If it can , this would be a great way to save on additional receiver fees.

I could have sworn they said you could in the last satellite guys podcast.

I tried searching for the bullet points of the 922 but couldn't find them. My question is this. Can the 922 Slingbox also act as a slave for other devices like the present standalone version. If that's not clear enough, are there ports for connecting it up to a DVD player for instance and watching it through the 922.

Great question- I would like to move my current Slingbox classic to my bedroom and hookup alternate sources to it there, but I can only do this if the 922 has 1 or 2 external inputs.

No it only outputs from the 922 as there are no inputs to add other decides such as cable tuner boxes, vcrs, DVD players etc.

Dish does not want to have to support other external devices on the 922.

No it only outputs from the 922 as there are no inputs to add other decides such as cable tuner boxes, vcrs, DVD players etc.

Hmmmm. So aside from the increased recording capacity (as compared to my 722), does the 922 offer any other advantages "sling-wise" that I can't do with my 722 and my current Sling Classic?

Hmmmm. So aside from the increased recording capacity (as compared to my 722), does the 922 offer any other advantages "sling-wise" that I can't do with my 722 and my current Sling Classic?
Yes you can watch internet videos from anyplace on your TV as the 922 has a built in SLingcatcher built into the unit as well.

They're not supporting anything. It's all in the firmware. All you need are the outputs.

They're talking about inputs, to support other devices by using the 922 as a slingbox.

Ok right, INPUTS....so....how much trouble would it be to add 2 sets of inputs and you'd have 3 choices of what you want to control on the Sling Menu. Maybe add $50 to it? You KNOW this thing ain't gonna be cheap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts