dish 942 unexpectedly loses signal OTA

satfan

Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Hello,

Recenctly I connected a high definition, amplified OTA antenna model #15-2185 purchased at radio shack

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...5&origkw=antenna&kw=antenna&parentPage=search

and installed it in the attic away from the dish antenna location. Connected it to my dish 942 receiver with the "amplificator" unit at the receiver. The signal for the locals is 85 in strength and up but the receiver continues to lose it after only a few seconds of viewing and is jumping between a yellow screen that says Error 739 (with "help" button on the bottom) and the watched channel. Other times the receiver will turn itself off after an even like that and if I turn it back on it goes out again. I have to wait several minutes for the receiver to be functional again before I can turn it on and watch the tv.

Any thoughts/suggestions? - any help would be appreciated.

That antenna is not good for rejecting multi-path which is a common problem in attic installs.

The first thing I would do is install it outside, above the peak of the roof and see if it performs any better.

Input your street address into www.antennaweb.org. This website will give you a conservative approximation of channels you should be able to receive and it will recommend the TYPE of antenna you may need.

Provide us with your zipcode and we can be more specific.

Last edited:
One of your probs. is that you've made a purchase from the junk shop. A.K.A. Radio Shack!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)