Dish a la carte

rtt2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
I m having trouble searching for the rules and fees for a la carte on Dish

If I want to get one channel like Bloomberg what are the fees associated with it besides the channel cost of $1.50?

Is there a receiver fee? etc

This is for a second home and I already have an old 301 and an antenna set up there.

Also will I get access to the public interest channels? and other "free" channels

I remember this could have been done with people that did the sky angel thing but am not sure if rules or fees have changed

or the Welcome pack for 9.99

but otherwise yes you can have just an alacarte channel like Boomberg or loclas. $6 bs fee added...then you can add the free public interest package too

The welcome pack gives you about 20 random channels from all the different programming packs and you can add your locals too for 14.99 a month. Then if you want extra ala carte channels you can add them to that like Encore pack for 4.99 a month extra. My aunt has this pack + encore. I do believe that Bloomberg is one of those channels.

The welcome pack gives you about 20 random channels from all the different programming packs and you can add your locals too for 14.99 a month. Then if you want extra ala carte channels you can add them to that like Encore pack for 4.99 a month extra. My aunt has this pack + encore. I do believe that Bloomberg is one of those channels.
Can you get/add HD channels with this package if you have the right receivers? (at a minimum will you get the HD versions of HBO, Max, Sho, and Starz if you subscribe to the movie premiums?)

IF you have an hd receiver and the right dish and subscribe to locals , you will get hd versions, as long as they carry your city in sd/hd. IF you want hd premiums and you have the correct dish ( 1000.2 or 1000.4 , dish 500 with side sat for 61.5 or 129) and hd receiver, you will get the hd versions as well. There is NO more hd enabling fee if you don't want hd . You won't get hd versions for the other national channels since you won't be subscribing to a classic pack ; bronze/silver/gold.

IF you have an hd receiver and the right dish and subscribe to locals , you will get hd versions, as long as they carry your city in sd/hd. IF you want hd premiums and you have the correct dish ( 1000.2 or 1000.4 , dish 500 with side sat for 61.5 or 129) and hd receiver, you will get the hd versions as well. There is NO more hd enabling fee if you don't want hd . You won't get hd versions for the other national channels since you won't be subscribing to a classic pack ; bronze/silver/gold.
Thanks Mike. Just what I needed to know. Wonder if there is a way to add the $10 HD package to this package to get the 8 or so national channels in this package that have an HD version in HD. Have you (or anyone) tried to add the $10 HD to this Welcome Package? (I have no idea if, for example, you can add the $10 HD to Dish Family package. I'd think the same rules for Family would apply to Welcome.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)