Dish- A thank you our Loyal subs!

Not sure but i think I have found a way to get around calling India or the Philipines.

Anytime you call in no matter what the issue is go to technical service.

If I remeber correctly that keeps you in the states.

Scott is right on. I usually hang up once I get routed to another country. Its a waste of time. They usually read a script. Its very frustrating.:mad:

That used to be the case. I used that exact same process.
But NOW............:rolleyes:
The last 3 times I called in to Tech Support I got India or Philippines.......seems like they "trained" those folks for tech support now.:rolleyes:

I have had DVR issues, billing questions, questions about 1080p availability and HAVE NEVER gotten a rep who didnt speak english.
Are you sure the real issue is that you dont like your call being shipped overseas?
If that is the case I agree with you 100%

I don't necessarily care if it is shipped overseas and I don't care if it is hard to understand their English but their technical support is a joke. Search the forums for some gems of 'support' that we have received. I had to call at least ten times to get my EHD problem straightened out before I finally got a guy in Chicago who knew what to do (indirectly, I actually found the solution in these forums and asked him to try it).

That used to be the case. I used that exact same process.
But NOW............:rolleyes:
The last 3 times I called in to Tech Support I got India or Philippines.......seems like they "trained" those folks for tech support now.:rolleyes:

Man that sucks. So basically they force you to deal with these people.

There has to be another way to get around them.

This is exactly why Dishes customer rating approval has plummeted.

They need to wake up...fast!

If Dish wants to impress its current customers it needs to start be closing down its foriegn call centers. I don't think Charlie grasps how much business he is losing because of poor customer support from folks who barely speak english.

I had to call support on Saturday, and I'm not sure if the person was in India, but she wasn't too bright. Remember, stupidity is universal. Just because the call center is in the US doesn't mean the people answering the phones know what they are doing.

Last edited:
I had to call support on Saturday, and I'm not sure if the person was in India, but she wasn't too bright. Remember, stupidity is universal. Just because the call center is in the US doesn't mean the people answering the phones know what they are doing.

True, but at least I can understand them. When I get India or the Phillipines, the rep could be top notch and totally knowledgable, however, it all is for naught if I cannot understand a single word they say.

Voom coming back definitely wont happen since they are now suing Dish for 1,000,000,000 (that's a billion with a B) for beach of contract. That is what we were told at a training last week at the local hub.

I know what Dish should do honor its loyal customer ------------

Make SatelliteGUYS USA USA USA the offical customer service site for Dish network.

Last edited:
I really don't care where support comes from as long as they know what they are doing and can understand what you are asking of them. Unfortunately, the support we have now-a-days usually fails on both of these points.

I have a CSR who kept telling me that my locals weren't available. I said "Yes, they are, I'm in Denver - where Dish is headquartered." "I'm sorry to inform you, but your locals are not available." "But I'm watching them now, and have been for several years." "I'm sorry to inform you that we do not have locals available in your area." "Do you understand what I'm asking you about?" "Certainly sir. Is there anything else I can do to help you?" "Yes, I would like to buy one of your DTVPals." "I can help you with that. Which receiver do you want it to replace?" "I don't want to replace my Dish receiver, I want to buy a separate DTVPal." "We have to have a receiver to charge it against." "Why?" "Certainly sir, I can help you with that." "??? Could I have your name?" "My name is Lucy." "But you're a male, did they give you the wrong American name to use?" "Certainly sir, I can help you with that." "Uhm, thanks for all the help Lucy. Goodbye." "Thank you for calling Dish Network."

I believe that they are already doing the HBO Cinemax offer, just call an ask for it.

The other things I don't see happening at this time.

If Dish wants to impress its current customers it needs to start be closing down its foriegn call centers. I don't think Charlie grasps how much business he is losing because of poor customer support from folks who barely speak english.

It is one of two main reasons I dumped DISH.

One of my best CS experiences was from a Sprint representative in the Philippines. Probably not the same call center that Dish uses, but you can get good customer service from overseas.

I know what Dish should do honor its loyal customer ------------

Make SatelliteGUYS USA USA USA the offical customer service site for Dish network.

Generally bad letting a retailer run the parent company they're sub-licensing under. *nod* Although Scott would probably fire most or all of the CSRs... Decisions decisions.

I would like it if SatelliteGuys could open a "Dish Direct" forum, where users could post problems and have them answered/resolved by an honest to goodness real live American Dish Network employee. Just like how Broadbandreports.com has "Direct" forums for different providers like AT&T.

That would be a Holiday gift from *E and SatGuys both.

I would like it if SatelliteGuys could open a "Dish Direct" forum, where users could post problems and have them answered/resolved by an honest to goodness real live American Dish Network employee. Just like how Broadbandreports.com has "Direct" forums for different providers like AT&T.

I agree, this would be a great. I've gotten better tech support for my Internet service talking with employees from my ISP via Broadbandreports.com than I ever get calling my ISP's tech support line. Can't be any worse than talking to a Common Script Reader (CSR) via phone.

1. SatelliteGuys is run by a retailer, not DISH. I don't see Charlie letting his employees roam freely on a site he doesn't have complete control over, let alone employees he can't easily monitor.

2. Employees of DISH aren't allowed to represent themselves as employees publicly without written permission from Charlie. Seeing as how Charlie has trouble writing his own name (it's up there with tying shoes and following through on promises,) this is a problem...

3. Huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts