Dish- A thank you our Loyal subs!

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok, I know im just wishing here but here we go:

Dish has had allot of bad PR for the past year.
I feel that they need to bring some good feelings back.

Where do you start?? With your loyal subs.
Do something unexpected.

Im not saying give away the kitchen sink.

But a little thank you xmas gift might stave off people who might leave over the past shenanigans that dish has pulled.

Dish could:

1) Free HBO/ cimemax 3 months
2) Free upgrade HD dvr ( may be they have this?)
3) Bring back Voom\Gol tv

Im sure you guys have some other ideas.

I for one think it would be great to see Dish make ammends.

I believe that they are already doing the HBO Cinemax offer, just call an ask for it.

The other things I don't see happening at this time.

If Dish wants to impress its current customers it needs to start be closing down its foriegn call centers. I don't think Charlie grasps how much business he is losing because of poor customer support from folks who barely speak english.

It is funny how Charlie stated last year that it is bad when people talk to his csr's and they can't speeak Engilsh. He said he was going to fix that. Yea right Charlie.

If I call and get "Bob" that can't speak Engilsh, I just hang up and call until I get a "Sam" that can.

Nope.

Your just like us folks with the "everything pack" we pay for everything while everyone else gets all these free preview channels all the time. :)

It is funny how Charlie stated last year that it is bad when people talk to his csr's and they can't speeak Engilsh. He said he was going to fix that. Yea right Charlie.

If I call and get "Bob" that can't speak Engilsh, I just hang up and call until I get a "Sam" that can.

Not sure but i think I have found a way to get around calling India or the Philipines.

Anytime you call in no matter what the issue is go to technical service.

If I remeber correctly that keeps you in the states.

Scott is right on. I usually hang up once I get routed to another country. Its a waste of time. They usually read a script. Its very frustrating.:mad:

!protestWhat annoys me the most about E* is the fact that they have TurboHD advertised all over their website, but only NEW people can get it? I have the equipment to get, so why don't they let me have it? Can't wait for February!!!!!

There are some logistics they are working on behind the scenes which at the moment makes it very hard to switch anyone over to the HD only packages.

What if you already have it? Will they still give me a credit?
I cut back from AE to top 250 with HBO/STARS.
I cut off Showtime/Cinemax.
I then realized that I was on auto pay so called back in and they turned on CINEMAX for only a penny.
They wont dscount your bill though if you already have the AE and are on auto pay.
Hope this helps!

I have had DVR issues, billing questions, questions about 1080p availability and HAVE NEVER gotten a rep who didnt speak english.
Are you sure the real issue is that you dont like your call being shipped overseas?
If that is the case I agree with you 100%

!protestWhat annoys me the most about E* is the fact that they have TurboHD advertised all over their website, but only NEW people can get it? I have the equipment to get, so why don't they let me have it? Can't wait for February!!!!!
Whats happening in February?

I have had DVR issues, billing questions, questions about 1080p availability and HAVE NEVER gotten a rep who didnt speak english.
Are you sure the real issue is that you dont like your call being shipped overseas?
If that is the case I agree with you 100%

Let me say that if you have never gotten a csr that did not speak good English, consider yourself very lucky.

Dish could:

2) Free upgrade HD dvr ( may be they have this?)

They are doing this. I called yesterday to just ask if they had any free DVR offers right now before committing to purchasing a EHD for my 211's. I have a 612 (which is HONESTLY all I need) being installed tomorrow for no out of pocket costs (installation was free too) and I flipped to DVR advantage for no increase in cost on my monthly bill.

I think that Dish thinks they are going to have to hang a dish for me for some reason too, even though I have a D500 and a D300 pointing at 61.5 (locals) already. Maybe I'll get a EA switch, that would be nifty.

They are doing this. I called yesterday to just ask if they had any free DVR offers right now before committing to purchasing a EHD for my 211's. I have a 612 (which is HONESTLY all I need) being installed tomorrow for no out of pocket costs (installation was free too) and I flipped to DVR advantage for no increase in cost on my monthly bill.

I think that Dish thinks they are going to have to hang a dish for me for some reason too, even though I have a D500 and a D300 pointing at 61.5 (locals) already. Maybe I'll get a EA switch, that would be nifty.

Thats sounds like a good deal!

At least they seem to be doing the right thing.

My take would be to make an annoucement.

Dish wants to '' thank their loyal subscribers''

then offer everyone some free promotion...something with value.

I believe that they are already doing the HBO Cinemax offer, just call an ask for it.

The other things I don't see happening at this time.

If Dish wants to impress its current customers it needs to start be closing down its foriegn call centers. I don't think Charlie grasps how much business he is losing because of poor customer support from folks who barely speak english.

If anything causes me to leave Dish it is probably going to be this. I dread calling their customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)