Dish Acquires boost mobile

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH enters retail wireless market with close of Boost Mobile, advances build of the nation's first standalone 5G network

July 1, 2020

- Completes $1.4 billion purchase of Boost Mobile

- Revives Boost's iconic "$hrink-It!" offer -- the longer you stay, the less you pay

- Connects new Boost customers to the new T-Mobile network

- Continues vendor selection for build of nation's first standalone 5G network
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH announced today that it has completed its $1.4 billion acquisition of Boost Mobile. With this purchase, DISH officially enters the retail wireless market, serving more than nine million customers.

DISH unveils new Boost Mobile logo

"Today, we are proud to welcome hundreds of employees, thousands of independent retailers, and millions of customers to the DISH family," said Erik Carlson, president and CEO, DISH. "This marks an important milestone in DISH's evolution as a connectivity company. It positions us well as we continue to build out the first virtualized, standalone 5G network in America."

Boost Mobile's new upgraded network and plans offer more flexibility, choice and performance in wireless
The company will continue to utilize the Boost brand and today unveiled the new Boost logo. John Swieringa, who serves as group president, retail wireless and COO, DISH, will lead Boost Mobile.

"Boost is uniquely positioned to disrupt this industry. Our passionate team, from employees to retail associates to local business owners, is ready to compete," said John Swieringa. "We'll bring new, exciting products and offers to customers that better meet their needs and fit their budgets. Starting tomorrow, Boost will launch the first of our new offers with the revival of $hrink-It! — rewarding customers with 'the longer you stay, the less you pay.'"

Boost's new $hrink-It! plan, which starts at $45 for 15GB, reduces customers' monthly rates by $5 after three on-time payments, and by an additional $5 after six total on-time payments. Boost previously offered a popular shrinking payments plan, which was available to new Boost Mobile customers until July 2014.

In addition to the revival of the $hrink-It! plan, Boost will offer a $35 10GB plan that includes unlimited talk and text. Consumers may sign up for either plan with their existing compatible device or by purchasing a new device from Boost. Both plans will be available beginning tomorrow.

Boost has begun, and will continue, to activate customers with a compatible device onto the new T-Mobile network, where customers will receive a stronger signal, faster speeds and more coverage.

For a current list of Boost offers, visit Explore Our Best No-Contract Cell Phone Plans | Boost Mobile.

To learn more about the New Upgraded Network, visit Expanded Network | Boost Mobile.

Agreements position DISH to serve customers immediately and advance build of 5G network
In July 2019, DISH announced a series of agreements the company reached with the DOJ and FCC as part of the merger between Sprint and T-Mobile. DISH will have access to the new T-Mobile network for seven years, including the ability to serve DISH customers between new T-Mobile's nationwide network and DISH's forthcoming standalone 5G network, a first-of-its-kind in the U.S.

"The FCC and DOJ have shown continued leadership in advancing the nation's 5G wireless future, and thanks to their efforts, DISH is able to focus our resources on building the only 5G network in the U.S. based on Open RAN architecture, completely from the ground up," said Carlson.

DISH continues to make progress on its 5G network deployment and recently announced the selection of Fujitsu for radio units and Altiostar and Mavenir for cloud-native, Open RAN software.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I sold all my stock at the end of last week when it was way down. Bought again yesterday knowing about the sale, and so far has gone up quite a bit. This has been great. Now let it keep going up!

Reactions: HipKat
I wanted to buy when the market was hindsight at bottom near 20k, but it was hard to know where the bottom was. Oh well. Of course, we could be back down there in a couple weeks. So volatile. The good news is Dish has access to debt, because other companies could be in trouble with this economic uncertainty. It is hard to expand right now.

I wanted to buy when the market was hindsight at bottom near 20k, but it was hard to know where the bottom was. Oh well. Of course, we could be back down there in a couple weeks. So volatile. The good news is Dish has access to debt, because other companies could be in trouble with this economic uncertainty. It is hard to expand right now.
I saw them drop real low and told the wife if they ever hit $20, I am buying them. Thanks to the pandemic, it hit like $17, so I had a huge come uppence. I sold before it dropped again and then rebought before it went way back up again. I was anticipating this sell like crazy. Could have screwed me royally if I wasn’t careful.

The new Boost Mobile/Dish Wireless logo:

boost-mobile-logo-new.jpg

I have worked for a few companies that were acquired by another company. There is often a transition period where the old name is used but associated with the acquirer. It is almost always followed by a reming that makes it clear that it is now part of the new firm.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe they'll call it EchoBoost...wait, that sounds a lot like what somebody else already uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)