Dish AD programmed on my 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jporum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
I see I have a scheduled recording for tomorrow at 12:02 AM to 12:06 AM for channel 101 on Slingbox. Gee, thanks Dish for putting an ad on my DVR.

Since I never completely understood what Slingbox was all about, I enjoyed it.

garys what gives dishnetwork the right to just take over my DVR and record what they want me to watch? If I do not have anymore room on my DVR because I recorded some shows while I was sleeping and did not move it to a EHD, I lost 1 show I was saving. If E* does this more often then thats not right. They can not just record something on my DVR.

On the phone with E* for over 30min. E* said I Recorded the event myself and to check my timers. I told them I had nothing to do with it and I mentioned people in this forum who had the same recording. After bein transfered 4 times to finally a lady who I can tell was from the United States, She said the same thing. I was told to check software and timers. I was asked if my tv 2 would change channels by them selfs because dishnetwork would never but a commercial in my recordings. After she saw I was serious she got on the phone with a Engineer who said that something did happen and I was correct. The guy told her I could hear him in another phone saying it will never happen and they are trying to figure out why it happened.

Even E* does not know what is going on. I personally think it is going to get worse at E* with this kinda commercial's bein downloaded to out DVR's. My contract is up in MAY who do I choose?

Holy crap. I didn't check my DVR this morning (although I did have to reset it, because it just didn't want to acquire a signal...). I will look for this when I get home and then some poor CSR will get an earful if I find it recorded on my DVR.

garys what gives dishnetwork the right to just take over my DVR and record what they want me to watch? If I do not have anymore room on my DVR because I recorded some shows while I was sleeping and did not move it to a EHD, I lost 1 show I was saving. If E* does this more often then thats not right. They can not just record something on my DVR.

It is an ad for slingbox, and it was only 4 sd minutes long. I would never leave my dvr that close that something that small would delete something I really wanted.

jporum said:
Gee, thanks Dish for putting an ad on my DVR.
Koilvr said:
what gives dishnetwork the right to just take over my DVR and record what they want me to watch?
Two more people who didn't read that piece of paper they signed when they got Dish service installed.... ;) ;) Since you don't know, you gave Dish the right to do this.

Two more people who didn't read that piece of paper they signed when they got Dish service installed.... ;) ;) Since you don't know, you gave Dish the right to do this.

When I was on the phone with E* they said it should not recorded on my recordings, but it should of downloaded in movies & more or Tv Entertainment where most of their recordings go to. Like I said Engineers at E*, I could hear the guy say they messed up and their getting alot of complaints. I was told it will never happen but who knows right?

For the record:

4. EQUIPMENT

(snip)

DISH Network reserves the rights to alter software, features and/or functionality in your DISH Network receivers, provide data and content to Personal Video Recorder/Digital Video Recorder (“PVR/DVR”) products, store data and content on the hard drives of PVR/DVR products... DISH Network will use commercially reasonable efforts to schedule these downloads to minimize interference with or interruption to your Services, but shall have no liability to you for any interruptions in Services arising out of or related to such downloads.

DISH Network - About Us - 1.888.825.2557

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts