Dish Add HBOHD/SHOWTIMEHD To HD Pack

rrolsbe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2004
Why Doesn't -Dish Add HBOHD/SHOWTIMEHD To HD Pack

Since HD is the only programming I view using my projector, I would consider getting DishNet if they had a package that included all the HD channels they currently offer. IE.. Add HBOHD & ShowtimeHD to the current HD package and and charge a reasonable fee for that package. The only way to get them now is purchase the HBO/Showtime movie package of which only gives you two HD movies channels. Paying about $25 per month to get these two additional HD channels is WAY to much. If they did this, the consumer could vote with their dollar and MAYBE DishNet would see a trend and add allow purchase of the just the premium movie HD channels when/IF they become available.

Regards
Ron

tonyp56 said:
You've already said why they aren't going to do it, they make $12-25 for those channels.

Actually, they are getting $0 for those channels from me and rrolsbe. If there were an HD pack with HBOHD and ShowtimeHD at a fair price I'd buy it.

I can't say if Dish/HBO/Showtime would gain or lose money by offering the HD channels separately. It is worth consideration and until we get to buy channels individually, I won't be paying for HD and Showtime SD to get HD bundled. SD on my front projector (approx. 8 foot screen) is a waste of money.

I would drop HBO and Showtime and get those two HD channels for a "reasonable" fee. That would save me some cash...As it would a LOT of other people. Meaning dish would be losing a LOT of cash.

I assume that HBO HD is bundled along with the rest of HBO's offerings because that's a part of their deal with Time Warner. Dish probably is contractually bound to offer them together.

So, here I jump in to read this thread, all excited about how E* is adding HBO-HD and SHO-HD to the HD Pack, only to find out it's a question asking why Dish won't add this programming.

Is there a Mod around to make the title change, since rrolsbe wasn't able to?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)