Dish Adds Scripps To OTT Portfolio

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
A week after Sony made a splash by signing up Viacom’s 22 networks to its planned over-the-top video offering, Dish Network announced that Scripps Interactive Networks has signed a comprehensive deal to offer its suite of channels including Food Network, HGTV and Great American Country to its own service targeted at Millennials.

Dish has said that it plans to launch the service – which some believe could be named “nuTV” – early next year.

multichannel.com

The next couple of sentences is what caught my attention - "Moreover, the agreement widens exposure of Scripps Networks programming to a larger swath of DISH’s traditional viewer base by opening DIY Network and Cooking Channel to the popular “America’s Top 200” programming package"

There have been quite a few channels moving down from Top 250 to 200 over the past year.

Reactions: TheKrell
The next couple of sentences is what caught my attention - "Moreover, the agreement widens exposure of Scripps Networks programming to a larger swath of DISH’s traditional viewer base by opening DIY Network and Cooking Channel to the popular “America’s Top 200” programming package"

There have been quite a few channels moving down from Top 250 to 200 over the past year.
Honestly I think DISH is either going to drop the 250 option or merge BB@H with it when next round of price changes happen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the Disney, ABC, ESPN channels, the A&E nets (AE,History, Lifetime etc..) the Scripps Channels (Food, HGTV, GAC, Cooking etc..) the Time Warner channels (TNT, TBS, HBO, Cinemax), NBCU/Comcast channels (USA, SYFY, NBC Sportsnet, Golf etc), and TCM. Those are the ones of the top of my head, I can think off.

They are working on a deal with Fox. They don't have the Discovery Networks and I don't think Dish has access to the Starz Nets or the Viacom/Showtime Nets either

All the Disney, ABC, ESPN channels, the A&E nets (AE,History, Lifetime etc..) the Scripps Channels (Food, HGTV, GAC, Cooking etc..) the Time Warner channels (TNT, TBS, HBO, Cinemax), NBCU/Comcast channels (USA, SYFY, NBC Sportsnet, Golf etc), and TCM. Those are the ones of the top of my head, I can think off.

They are working on a deal with Fox. They don't have the Discovery Networks and I don't think Dish has access to the Starz Nets or the Viacom/Showtime Nets either
No access to Starz I can confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

None to Showtime for sure...yet. Any one betting if we'll have it after Christmas? It's been the number one requested app on the dish forum since 2012.

The one thing that catches my eyes... this IP TV thing only works for the millenials if it is cheap. Based on the channel slates, it seems like the only difference will be it is IP. Not certain how the price can drop a bunch if all the main players have channels in these packages (whatever they may be).

There will be little to nothing between 200 and 250. I'd love to have the Cooking Channel back, they actually show cooking shows... for now.

Comparing what Directv offers in their similarly priced packages to Dish's packages, Directv offers channels that Dish does not offer. This is one reason why I believe Dish is moving some channels from 250 to 200 to be more comparative to Directv.

I am curious if their IPTV service will offer each company's set of channels in each separate package (mini packs) for people to choose or if they are going to try to setup packages like cable/satellite currently do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts