dish america pkgs

clydesam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Now I noticed when you login to your acct and change programming they are listed. But when you click on more info just take you to the dish website and doesnt give you more info. I wish they would fix that. Anyway I did find two sites that list the dish america pkg but both have different channels listed. Does anyone know which one is correct. The sites are www. sterlingsatellite.com/dish-america.asp and Get Dish Now! - HDTV Channels. Dont tell me to call them because from previous discussions their csr dont always know and from the sterling site is older and seems like some of the fox channels and viacom channels arent included.

The Sterling site is wrong as it shows VERSUS and FoxNews in the packages. Neither are in the Dish America Packages. Fox starts in Top 200 with HD and Versus in Top 250.

I have Dish America Gold and I have Versus and have had it for quite a while
CSR's told me that Versus was not in Gold. I wanted to go back down to that and on Thurday I had changed to it and could swear I had Versus but the sterling site shows Fox and I complained about that. They said for the two I would need Fox. Later when I wanted to check to back down, I asked ONLY about Versus and the SCR said it was not on any of the Dish America things. If I knew they were wrong, I probably would have stayed with Dis. I am moving to Directv on any offer that came in the mail yesteraday to come back.

BTW: How could you have had Dish America GOld for quite a while when it was offered for the first time on Thursday? I had it in HD Absolute prior to then.

CSR's told me that Versus was not in Gold. I wanted to go back down to that and on Thurday I had changed to it and could swear I had Versus but the sterling site shows Fox and I complained about that. They said for the two I would need Fox. Later when I wanted to check to back down, I asked ONLY about Versus and the SCR said it was not on any of the Dish America things. If I knew they were wrong, I probably would have stayed with Dis. I am moving to Directv on any offer that came in the mail yesteraday to come back.

BTW: How could you have had Dish America GOld for quite a while when it was offered for the first time on Thursday? I had it in HD Absolute prior to then.

I had previously the Turbo HD Gold package that morphed to become the Dish America Gold HD package, recently, and had Versus in the Turbo Gold HD package and still have it as of this morning in the newly named package Dish America Gold HD. The Turbo HD packages were really not advertised on Dish so maybe a lot of people didn't know they existed.
The HD only packages were Turbo Bronze HD, Turbo Silver HD and Turbo Gold HD. Now they are Dish America HD, Dish America Silver HD and Dish America Gold HD.

No, they are not:

This is from a few minutes ago at Dish Chat on dish network:

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: Hi.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: Versus is not included on Dish America Gold.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: It's only in the Top250 package.

Barry Erick: At satelliteguys.us they are saying it is and that people have it with gold. I am going to show them this thread and off to Direct I go in a few days.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: Dish America Gold package is different from the Top250 with Gold HD.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: Versus is not included on Dish America Gold but is included in the Top250 with Gold HD.

Barry Erick: They are taking about Dish America Gold. It is in the Dish america thread since they can't find whats in it on the Dishnetwork site.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: I see.

(03mk) Rudyard R.JE8: Then Versus is not included in it.

I wish someone would post here the ACTUAL channels included on Dish America's 3 different packages as, according to CSR's the list at sterling and Get Dish Now are wrong.

Scott??????

I have the following channels in HD in Dish America Gold HD, this is national channels, I'm not listing my locals or the Cinemax HD I have. And this is only the channels I receive in HD. Most of these I also receive the SD version.
There are numerous SD public and religious channels.
The listing is for Dish America Gold HD, the former Turbo Gold HD.

USA
toon
comedy
ABC family
lifetime
Discover
lifetime movie net
TLC
food
Animal Planet
HGTV
NTGEO
A&E
Hallmark movie
Biography
science
History
green
SyFy
CNN
Bravo
CNBC
TNT
weather channel
TBS
travel channel
ESPN
WGN
ESPN2
HD theater
ESPNEWS
HD Net
Versus
Palladia
CBS college sports
tennis
NFL net
golf
NBATV
encore
NHLN (hockey)
Country music tv
Spike
Disney E
DisXD

I do not know what the other 2 Dish America packages have for channels but they are some of this group here. I checked the channels as I wrote the listing.
I believe it's 45 HD channels.

We need a listing that is either directly from Dish or from someone who did not move from a previous package. From what I was told, those moving over had some channels granfathered in. Thing is every web site of a authorized retailer I visit has Versu on it. I might drop down to it to see, but they talked me into Top 250 w HD to get it. Since I started to investigate and realize I had dropped the Top 250 when I retired and halfed my cost, that I would be right back. I cancelled Auto Pay and paperless while I investigate so I don't get locked into a contract. I have a real neat "we want you back" from Directv but that price will be between DAGold and Top 250 when the 1 year sweet lollypop package is up.

Since I only use Versus for Hockey and the remainder of games are on NBC, I will switch to Dish America Gold to see what I get. I will then make a decision if I leave Dish or not.

Last edited:
Indeed Dish America Gold DOES have Versus in its package. I just changed to it. I saw the change when I lost 205 (FoxNews)( which is not part of the package :(

Comparison

I just switched from TurboSilverHD (DishAmericaSilver) to AT200. I made a comparison chart to evaluate what I would gain and lose by going to AT120 or AT200, including Platinum.

See attachment.

Attachments

• comparison.doc
    30 KB · Views: 386

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)