Dish America possible changes?

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I went to my Dish Network Account this morning and clicked on the "Programming" link. Then, I chose "Channel Lineup card" from the menu options under "additional programmings services".

Once there I choose "Dish America" as my programming package and entered my zip code. I was then redirected to a Zap2it.com page which had the following channels listed for the Dish America package.

USA HD, TV Land, Comedy Central HD, Lifetime HD, Food Network HD, DIY, HGTV HD, FLN, E! HD, A&E HD, Bio HD, History HD, SyFy HD, BBC America HD, FX HD, TNT HD, TBS HD, ESPN HD, ESPN News HD, ESPN2 HD, Fox Soccer HD, Speed HD, CBS College Sports HD, Outdoor Channel, Fuel, VH1 HD, CMT HD, GAC, Spike HD, Nick Jr, Nick HD, Disney HD, Boomerang, Cartoon HD, Nick Toons, Discovery Kids, ABC Family HD, Teen Nick, Discovery HD, TLC HD, Animal Planet HD, Hallmark HD, Hallmark Movies HD, Discovery ID, Science HD, CNN HD, Headline News, Bloomberg, TruTV HD, Fox News HD, Fox Business HD, CNBC HD, Weather HD and Travel Channel HD.

This is the listing for the base Dish America package. And yes, if you choose "Dish America Silver" or "Dish America Gold" instead of just Dish America, you will see more channels added to this lineup such as Bravo HD, Disney XD HD, etc.

I found that this was a very strange lineup and was wondering if it was a sign that Dish America might be changing into a different thing than an HD only package in the near future? Or if this was just Zap2it.com displaying random channels?

Most interestingly is the inclusion, for example, of VH1 but not MTV, etc.

Thanks,
Robert

With the new name change its kind of been the mystery of whats next for the HD package, I am intrested in the HD packages, but it would be nice to read some offical press release on whats going to happen with the new named package.

As I said a few times before, I am hearing they are planning on relaunching the packages in the future.

When that will be and what the relaunuch will consist of I have no idea.

I keep thinking that when they relaunch , they might be just the regular packs with hd included. That way they can claim HD is FREE with every America pack. They seem to want to show the fees all rolled up into one charge , so why not roll the hd charge into the packs themselves? Maybe including the plat pack with the hd pack was the first step towards doing just that.

I keep thinking that when they relaunch , they might be just the regular packs with hd included. That way they can claim HD is FREE with every America pack. They seem to want to show the fees all rolled up into one charge , so why not roll the hd charge into the packs themselves? Maybe including the plat pack with the hd pack was the first step towards doing just that.

I don't think so as the new bills for previous Turbo subs now say Dish America, and we know they do not include all the HD available in the regular Top XXX packages in those packages. I fervently hope the Dish Americas get all the HD but I won't hold my breath.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts