Dish and 3D - missing in action?

just got back

I just got back from an electronics conference in So Cal. I saw Sony, Samsung, and panasonic 3D. panasonic is all Plasma. And I will say panasonic was by far the clearest 3d picture I have seen. Yes the farther you are away the worst and so on. Remember 3d is tricking your eye so the more you see other then the tv the worst it will be. Samsung has a tv that can convert anything to 3d. 2d movies and pictures and regular broadcast from any provider. While its not as robust as 3d media it was pretty impressive. Just lacks the depth of some scenes. Now 2d looks much better on a 3d tv. You have to also remember 3d is twice the information since what it takes is one picture for your right eye and another for your left to get the depth. So Plasma, LCD and LED had to me rethought and changed to handle all the information.

a 61 in led 3d tv for around 3300 is not that bad. Considering a cheap 55 inch led is about 2200. Not to mention a 3d tv is the best looking 2d tv you can buy.

So those who vehemently are against wearing glasses are going to cover their head with something even bigger?
Point --> Pepper. If the VR experience is compelling enough, then yes.

I just got back from an electronics conference in So Cal.
Thanks for this report. Did all these sets require glasses?

Any news on Dish offering 3-D programming?

If it's been covered already, I apologize. I searched this site as well as the Dishnetwork.com site and both returned 0 results.

I have a 3-D ready DLP and will be buying the Mitsubishi adapter necessary to properly display 3-D images.

What 3-D programming will Dish be offering ( if any ) and will the be sending firmware or software upgrades to existing receivers to get the 3-D programming or will we have to get new receivers?

I say throw up a token channel to appease the few that want something 3-D and then go back to concentrating on HD for the masses...

I bought Beta. I bought LaserDiscs. I bought HD-DVD.

No 3-D TV for me until there is a universally adopted standard set in stone.

ESPN 3D

Wow !! The Christian Science Monitor is WRONG ??? I am appalled !!! I thought they ALWAYS had the right scoop. They are quoted quite regularly, especially on NPR. Oh well........:confused:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)