DISH and 4K

Fail. You can not judge a UHD TV with a crap source and OOB settings. You should have a requested a 4K source.
Anyone looking to buy a UHD TV should put a Samsung high on their list. Theirs are the only sets in which the hardware can be upgraded.

No fail on my part. Again, I have 3 perfectly good working HD TVs. It's just not worth the money right now. And I understand comparing OOB settings is not an exact not barely a reference, but you can not tell me it was not indicative of something with the TVs. There was fade on the faces on 4k. The HD was sharp. Was actually surprised when I learned it was only hd. It looked good. Funny thing about the TVs is hd is enough for me. Don't care enough to waste the money. When the time comes for me needing a new tv, 4k will be all that is available and prices will have dropped drastically. I honestly think people dropping thousands on them now, are the ones failing. But it is their choice to blow that money now, instead of waiting for a better quality for significantly less.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Glad you can justify keeping your 3 HD TV's and not "blowing" your money. You obviously haven't done any research on UHD's. You see ONE (1) UHD TV and you think UHD sucks.

Never once did I say it sucks. I said the price sucks. It's not worth it right now. When prices come down, is when I will revisit the notion of buying one. And I didn't see just one. I have looked a few places. The conversion just isn't worth the money. When I can buy a nice UHD for $1500 and less as a regular everyday price, I'll shop again

Reactions: MikeD-C05
This all reminds me of the 1080p argument. I remember we were selling JVC TVs, the HD-ILA models, and it was $1,000 more just to get the same size TV in 1080p. To me that was a huge waste of money. I wasn't even willing to pay the price for a 1080p TV and I sold the things. I waited about 3 years and got a larger TV in 1080p cheaper than what I paid for my smaller 720p TV.

Reactions: ChadT41
I'm still using my JVC 61" 720 as my primary TV, 9 years on. I wish LCoS stuck around for RPTVs. Nope, I won't consider FPTV - WAF.

This all reminds me of the 1080p argument. I remember we were selling JVC TVs, the HD-ILA models, and it was $1,000 more just to get the same size TV in 1080p. To me that was a huge waste of money. I wasn't even willing to pay the price for a 1080p TV and I sold the things. I waited about 3 years and got a larger TV in 1080p cheaper than what I paid for my smaller 720p TV.
That is my point

I've got a 70" HD-ILA in my basement yet. I use it for playing video games and watching football occasionally. I'm more of an atmosphere type guy when it comes to where I watch TV and I end up watching 80% of TV in the kitchen which is one of the smallest TVs I have. Just something about sitting on a bar stool that I like, of course I usually have my laptop in front of me too.

I know that Dish does not use even 1080P and I know of no broadcast systems which even use 1080P. I would not hold my breath until they use 4K. I think that 4K will go the way of 3D and would not waste my money.

The hdf24 is so new, nobody has been affected by the price increase yet. It's very possible that they decide to go back to hdffl, and customers were never affected by it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Accept for those who like to live on the Bleeding Edge, most people will not consider a 4K tv until there is significant programming in UHD. Look at what seems to have happened to 3D TV. All the promised 3D programming never materialized. Recording studios will have to invest in all new equipment. And who knows how long that will take.

I'm sure we can all agree that the transition will not be as quick and simple as the analog to digital ad standard to normalized digital Hd conversion. Government is not going to force it like they did with digital, so everyone doesn't have to upgrade all at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)