Dish and Bitcoin

dtgoodtonid

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Lexington KY
Hey folks. Dish has been accepting Bitcoin for payments for several years. I do not have a position in Bitcoin so have never used it as a payment method. Does anyone know someone who has? Can you imagine what a $100 payment made in the last few years has turned in to?

I was wondering if Dish simply processes Bitcoin payments the same as the other methods or do those go into a special envelope?

There are several other questions I could add but I have to go to work.

Thanks

Will they accept payment in Yugoslavian dinara? I have several billion of those on hand -- the Nikola Tesla commemorative series, of course. How about Norton dollars? I don't have any of those, but I could just print some, because that's what Emperor Norton did.

Reactions: eddie willers
Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme that hasn't collapsed yet, IMHO. :coco
Sure, keep waiting on that to happen. Instead of thinking of bitcoin in financial aspects, think of it in blockchain aspects...
Stop looking at cryptocurrency as a number... and think of it as a utility. Coins like XRP are settling cross-border payments in just seconds with barely any fees...for much less than traditional banks can ever dream of.
Of course, central banks like throwing it around about pyramid schemes and how bitcoin is going to fail. From cents to dollars..it was a joke. From $30 to $400...it was "well, maybe it can be worth something..."
From $400 to $19.000 it was "Ok..finally bitcoin is dead"..
Now it's from $19,000 to $64,000... and it's the same rhetoric all over again.
There's a reason why huge billionaire banks are getting in and allowing their most elite customers to also get in.
Bitcoin and Eth futures are a thing...
The SEC couldn't even land anything against brad and company with their XRP lawsuit.
The biggest manipulation that the media could pull was "the SEC will start charging US institutions with money laundering for using BTC and ETH" last weekend..and that only caused a $64,000 to $53,000 dip in price...then it's heading right back up, currently sitting at $55,000. When people finally realized that the SEC doesn't charge anyone with anything (The DOJ does)...and it became public that China basically waged an attack on the BTC network by shutting down power to a province in China which took a bunch of miners offline....people realized they had been played and the longs had already been liquidated..to the tune of $1.4bn or so. (and even then, they couldn't keep the BTC network hash down, other miners picked up and the hashrate quickly returned to normal...because no one area and region can control the hashrate)
But... yep..pyramid.

Sure, keep waiting on that to happen.
Bitcoin is supposed to be a currency alterative, however, it suffers from gargantuan spikes and plummets in value, making it an awful tool for currency. There is no reason why it shouldn't be worth 1000 times its value today, tomorrow... or 0.000001 times said value tomorrow.

I have no idea how much Ergen has made via accepting Bitcoin. I don't know how that gets filed financially.

Reactions: TheKrell
Bitcoin is supposed to be a currency alterative, however, it suffers from gargantuan spikes and plummets in value, making it an awful tool for currency. There is no reason why it shouldn't be worth 1000 times its value today, tomorrow... or 0.000001 times said value tomorrow.

I have no idea how much Ergen has made via accepting Bitcoin. I don't know how that gets filed financially.
99% of the days that the Bitcoin network has been running, it has been profitable. Looking at the parabolic actions of it is being shortsighted.

Well, it and every other crypto are getting beat up right now. Liquidation is at a furious pace because of a Pit related issue concerning people making over 400K a year

Well, it and every other crypto are getting beat up right now. Liquidation is at a furious pace because of a Pit related issue concerning people making over 400K a year
400k or 1m? I thought the proposal was for a CGT on people making over 1mil..at around 42% or whatever..

If you look at the futures, there's gaps at $43k or so that have to be filled...and BTC ALWAYS comes back to fill those gaps. No matter what news and FUD causes it...those futures gaps always get filled..regardless of how high it goes.

400k or 1m? I thought the proposal was for a CGT on people making over 1mil..at around 42% or whatever..

If you look at the futures, there's gaps at $43k or so that have to be filled...and BTC ALWAYS comes back to fill those gaps. No matter what news and FUD causes it...those futures gaps always get filled..regardless of how high it goes.

We're talking about 2 different things. the 400K is the proposed tax on people making above that income and yeah, BTC always comes back, but for the average Crypto investor, $49,000 is probably an overwhelming number.

99% of the days that the Bitcoin network has been running, it has been profitable. Looking at the parabolic actions of it is being shortsighted.
Currency isn't supposed to be profitable (on Bitcoin's scale), it is supposed to be stable and relatively static. Otherwise, you develop deflation with value increases and inflation with value loss.

This is why Bitcoin fails as a currency alternative. There is absolutely no reason to spend Bitcoin, because if its value increases, it is worth more the next day and you lost value by using it. Currency doesn't work when you can't use it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)