peanuts and a prize,
that's what you get......

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :eek:

"What do you get when you connect a 722 to the internet?"

Candy coated popcorn,
peanuts and a prize,
that's what you get......

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :eek:

I got it connected and checked out some stuff. What else can I do with this? I like prizes... Lol

As stated above, the main thing a network connection gives you is IP-VOD (Internet streaming) such as that which comes with Blockbuster@home. You also have the opportunity to buy a Sling Adapter and stream your DVR content in the other direction, e.g. to an iPhone or Android phone, tablet, or PC. And finally your receiver will be able to "phone home", telling Dish of your viewing habits, hardware issues, and other things such as your IP address. (Phone line no longer needed.) If you had multiple receivers on your account, they better all show up from the same address or you could get audited by very small-minded individuals at Dish.

I would guess that you also get monitored. Not saying that's a bad thing. The internet allows two way communication.

I am happy to have BB@home streaming on all 3 receivers, though the selection and UI is rather poor. The PQ of IPVOD, even on SD programs, has been pretty darn impressive.

I also use the Sling Adapter, but because of DishOnline issues, I rarely use it and can't rely on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)