Dish and cable setup for install next week

mike_ayu

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2005
I'm having an install done on my house next week, and want to make sure I have the wiring needed (based on some really bad experiences, I won't let anyone else do wiring on my house - so far the installers I've used have been very very happy with the wiring setups I've done.)

I'm getting a 942 and a 625 with HD pak & VOOM channels. D* wouldn't commit to giving me a Dish1000 receiver (I'm in the San Francisco area, so I think it will work based on another thread.) And I currently have 2 cables run from the room to the cable distribution box.

If they don't give me the dish1000, they said they will install a second dish - if they do this, will I need more than the 2 coax cables from the roof?

If I can get them to switch the dish1000 after 9/27, would I only need the 2 cables?

Those 2 lines will work fine if they use a dish500 with a DPP twin LNB. They can add a m/c dish pointed to 129 or what ever and switch it thru the DPP lnb.
I think that route will get you the best signal on 129 anyway, having focused in on one bird rather than balancing 3.

You'll be fine with DPP.

More likely, 2 Dish 500s (1 with a dual LNB, one with a twin) -- I haven't seen a 500+300 setup in a while. Your wiring should be fine, but if you need any well, I wouldn't worry too much, most of the dish installers are EXTREMELY good about this compared to the comcast installers out here (good lord, getting them to run a line from their drop to one of my jacks was like pulling teeth, except worse!)...

Best of luck with alladat!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts