Dish and DirecTV once again in talks despite antitrust.

Dish is putting it's money into wireless.

Again today This band has coverage out a mile or so and more value than the high frequency 5g .

AT&T and satellite TV provider Dish Network are the top winners of airwaves once reserved for military use that will soon be used for 5G wireless service in the Federal Communications Commission's latest auction, the agency said Friday.

AT&T spent $9.1 billion and Dish spent $7.3 billion for licenses of wireless spectrum that sits between the 2.5 gigahertz and 3.5GHz range of frequencies on the radio spectrum. T-Mobile was the third highest bidder in the auction, spending $2.9 billion. Verizon Communications did not participate in the

CNET: AT&T and Dish big winners in latest 5G auction.
Gee, that $7+ billion would have paid for a pretty big infrastructure footprint for Dish.

Is this just Direct satellite customers or their streaming too? I wonder if their push to convert satellite customers to AT&T TV now called DirecTV Stream caused a big decline?

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
The last reported figure we have for AT&T/DTV subscribers is 15.412 million. It's from the end of June 2021, just before the DTV spin-off from AT&T, and it includes DTV satellite (the great majority of the subs) plus Uverse TV as well as all their streaming cable TV subs. (Those streaming subs all now exist under the subsequent DIRECTV Stream brand but in the past had come in under DIRECTV Now, then either AT&T TV or AT&T TV Now.)

That 15.412 million figure was a 13% decline from the number a year earlier of 17.712 million for that same group of TV services. So no, whatever gains they made on the streaming side weren't nearly big enough to offset their losses at satellite + Uverse TV. (Uverse TV stopped taking new customers in spring 2020, shortly after the nationwide debut of AT&T TV.)

The most recent figure we have for DISH is as of the end of Sept. 2021, when they had 8.42 million satellite TV subs and 2.56 million Sling (streaming) subs for a total of 10.98, a year-over-year decline of only 3.85% from 11.42 million (8.96 million on DISH and 2.46 million on Sling) at the end of Sept. 2020.

Really? He sold a milk shake before a burger? I had no idea.
Kroc was given exclusive rights to sell the Multimixer nationwide. One of Mr. Kroc's customers was a restaurant owned by Maurice and Richard McDonald that used 8 of the mixers. The uniqueness of the restaurant was its assembly line format to prepare and sell a large volume of hamburgers, French fries and milk shakes.

Multimixer History - Sterling Multi Products​

https://www.sterlingmulti.com › multimixer_history

Yeah, there would definitely be fewer takers for the RSNs if they become completely optional for all cable TV subs. Which, I'm sure, is why there's talk of the standalone service being priced at $23 instead of the average amount that cable subs pay via their RSN fee, which is maybe half that. My guess is there will be a discount for those who pre-pay for an entire year, although many folks wouldn't do that because they only care about one of the three sports, MLB, NHL or NBA.
Maybe $20-23/mo month to month for some markets for (ALL LOCAL TEAMS) and $15-$20/mo year to year
lower cost markets $10-20/mo month to month for (ALL LOCAL TEAMS) and $10-$15/mo year to year
Outer ring zones with no real local teams maybe $5-$10/mo

How can an local RSN cost more then HBO or even playboy?

Did you see the movie with Michael Keaton?

It is really good.
I was planning on seeing that in the theater, but missed it. Years later I saw it on Netflix. The McDonald brothers appeared as very inflexible and Ray Kroc appeared as very devious. All three of them appeared as such dicks. Good movie though.

Tell that to SIRIUSXM.

DISH & DIRECTV could make the same argument: streaming is competition in most (and ever increasingly more) places. Hence, there’s no real “monopoly”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Although I'm a customer of SiriusXM, I still wish they were separate companies.