Dish and HD signals on 129

eastof111

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
What would cause audio drop outs and minor pixelation on the 129 sat? Always happens when I first turn on Joey or Hopper in the morning and later during the day it goes away. It happens during clear skies or overcast skies.

The readings on 129 are 17=46 18=46 19=44 20=45 21=56 22=45 23=45 24=45 25=43 26=43 27=43 28=45 29=43 30=43 31=43 32=45.

All the techs (5 service calls) that have come out say the signal is great and their is no need to check to see if the dish mast is plumb.
I asked them to check the wiring and they do by just eye balling the connection.

I am on my fourth node, second Hopper and fourth Joey. I called the supervisor for my area today and he will send someone out again when he can find someone available.

I am about to cancel my contract at this point if I don't get this resolved.

Any help from a DIRT member would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Had this problem. They changed all the connectors and it fixed the problem. Just like you went through nodes, splitters, switches....

Thank you for the info.

Had my sixth tech come out Saturday (was promised a tech supervisor, no such luck). Asked hm to check the dish and he would not do so claiming the signals for 129 were within DISH specs. He eye balled the wiring and claimed there was nothing wrong. I asked him why he didn't use a cable signal tester and he said DISH doesn't provide one. I then asked him to check the connectors and he replaced two barrel connectors and left. After he left, I checked the outside of the house where the cables enter the building and noticed the tech had pulled on the cables where he was (testing) and dislodged the silicone seals and did not reseal them.

Later that night, I noticed the same problem on DIY on 111 sat 110. Now I have to deal with both 129 and 110.

Guess Monday will be a big telephone day with DISH.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts