Dish and Local channels

xavier11

Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
This is my first time posting on here and I am a little upset with Dish so decided to see if anyone else had an idea on when Dish would be getting locals in the Rochester MN DMA? I see that D* added them around Christmas some time and just wondering why Dish hasnt jumped on getting them too? I am an installer in Northern IA and in the same DMA as Rochester and we have a lot of cancellations because the telemarkters lie about receiving the local channels. If Dish doesnt get on it quick they are going to lose alot of customers that could have been theirs but decided to go to D* so they can get their locals.

Did dish announce the roll-out dates for the HD LIL's? Does anyone know? Is it Feb. 1st for the first few areas?

i wouldn't be terribly upset at Dish on the locals issues, most of the issues are sales partners and they are hopefully getting a better handle on the sales partners

Yeah just dont understand why D* has done it and Dish hasn't. I mean there is a 7 county area here in northern IA that doesnt get locals on their dish. I have also had alot of people that cancelled because of locals that want to sign up as soon as locals are available. But if Dish doesn't get them soon there is going to be alot of lost sales because alot of people dont care which they have as long as they can get locals

xavier, Dish doen't carry some cities DirecTV carries and DirecTV doesn't carry some cities Dish carries. At this moment Dish carries 162 of the 210 markets. DirecTV carries many less markets than that. I know it's little consolation at this point.

See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/15

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts