Dish and PAX/TBN owned affiliates

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
It appears that Dish does not carry PAX or TBN owned affiliates in local packages since they are pretty much repeaters of the national feed) and Dish already carries that (Pax = ch 181) (TBN = ch 260).

If this is the case, why don't they remap those channels to the local OTA channel number they way the do the other locals in the area?
In the case of Atlanta, remap PAX to ch 14, and TBN to ch 63.
It would make it easier for people to find the channels when they are used to the OTA designations.

I don’t know how E* gets past must carry by doing this but they do. I’m in DMA 6 (Boston) and there is no local PAX. In the daytime there is religious programming and Catholic TV with a morning mass on the Boston PAX. I can only see this as just one more way for E* to discriminate against its customers.

Jim

JimDB said:
I don’t know how E* gets past must carry by doing this but they do.
E* cut a deal with Pax. Pax gets carried to all Dish subs, and E* gets to avoid tying up bandwidth with all those repeater stations.

I seem to recall that some Pax stations carry some sports, and E* chose to pick up those stations. But the vast majority of the time, local Pax viewers are watching the same thing as national Pax viewers.

I have no problem with Dish not carrying Atlanta PAX 14, since it's the exact same thing as the national PAX. I'm just curious why they don't remap it to the OTA designations.
And yes, Dish does carry the PAX's that carry different programming such as local sports. Just not the one's that are just a repeater for the national signal.

carload said:
E* cut a deal with Pax. Pax gets carried to all Dish subs, and E* gets to avoid tying up bandwidth with all those repeater stations.

AT60 does not include PAX

The Boston PAX did cover the Bruins last year and was to cover them again this year.
We all know how that went :(

And yes, remap the channel to OTA

Thank you both for the reply

Jim

I think the only ones they can remap are the locals

How would they remap PAX to each area?
your PAX may be 14, but mine in Minneapolis is 41

and then there are those with receivers that dont map the locals (the older models)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)