Dish and the AZ monsoon season Question

Ghost1279

Original poster
Feb 14, 2010
AZ
Does anyone have any issues using dishnetwork, during the time that AZ has a monsoon/dust storms? I live in the nortern east side of Tucson, near the mountains.

I just drop my comcast cable, due to them wanting to raise my rates and fees by 70 bucks. I been paying comcast for there triple play bundle at 179.99. plus the fees, which comes out to be around 215.00.

I going to keep the internet and phone, since Qwest has not taken the time in upgrading the lines here in my area. If Qwest would hurry up in upgrading there dsl lines, I would switch over in the heartbeat, to there 20mbps dsl and phone service. However, comcast refuses to give me a bundle deal for my internet and phone, since I drop there cable and caught them in so many lies.

Expect a few outages on some channels. They usually don't last long. 10 or so minutes depending. I just flip the channel. And find something to else to watch that's not on the same satellite and transponders being affected by the storm. Tuscon monsoon maybe a little stronger than the east valley. So YMMV.;)

I live in northwest AZ and I don't have many issues at all. I think I had one outage the entire time we had those huge storms roll through in January. Note I have a very clear LOS, as well. 110/119/129

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)