Dish angles for north Alabama

bamaredwingsfan

Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
N. AL
Looking to go from cable to dish but where I live trees maybe an issue. My neighbor has a dish 500 an dish 300 connected to vip211. He recently told me some of his HD channels are missing. He said he looks at 110, 119 an 61.5. Where I live I could use the dish500 but trees may skew my look at 61.5 do I have any other options on that, cause if not I guess I will stick with cable. My zip 35055

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk

couple thoughts

your neighbor really needs to contact Dish to get upgraded to the right Dish setup. What he has is called a "mixed arc". dish is now doing either Eastern Arc (61.5/72/77) or Western Arc (110/119/129). That is why he is losing HD channels (dish is moving them on 61.5 over to 72) If he registered here he could contact a DIRT (Dish internet response team) member to get upgraded. Much simpler and easier than calling Dish.

Looks like you get Birmingham locals. Those are on both arcs so you could do a Western Arc (110/119/129) setup. You mention that you can use a Dish 500 which would be 110/119. How is the line of site west of there?

Looking to go from cable to dish but where I live trees maybe an issue. My neighbor has a dish 500 an dish 300 connected to vip211. He recently told me some of his HD channels are missing. He said he looks at 110, 119 an 61.5. Where I live I could use the dish500 but trees may skew my look at 61.5 do I have any other options on that, cause if not I guess I will stick with cable. My zip 35055

As Iceberg said I would have your neighbor contact us or call in. He needs to have a tech out to correct his dish.

As Iceberg said I would have your neighbor contact us or call in. He needs to have a tech out to correct his dish.

I will tell him. As for me I am going to have to get some tree trimming work done if I am to get dish. I may have to postpone changing providers until late coming summer. Money will be tight for a while with a new baby due in April. Thank both you guys for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)