DISH Announces 2014 CES Press Event

i would also like to see a roku app for the hopper also alot of their channels would be great to watch on the hopper.

YOU_DONT_SAY.png

Roku is a platform. Not an app, I would not expect Roku on Dish unless dish buys Roku.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't understand why people want a Roku app. Like Scott said, the Roku is a device that gives access to apps. If all you want are those apps then just say you want Dish to carry those apps on the Hopper.

Plex would be a great app to add. Much better than their poor DLNA client. Unfortunately I don't see that happening as it might negatively affect their PPV movie profit.

Plex would be a great app to add. Much better than their poor DLNA client. Unfortunately I don't see that happening as it might negatively affect their PPV movie profit.

I use Plex media server with my Gen 1 Hopper (under Home Media) and it works quite well. Better than my Roku in fact. The Hopper even shows images for shows and movies as long as you have them set up in the server side.

Before bluegras twisted the reading comprehension around and confused the issue, the initial question was on having a Hopper / Super Joey channel on the Roku, not the other way around.

Yes, a Virtual Joey app on the Roku would be nice.

Determining the original thread of thought might best be referred to the Department of Redundancy Department. :p

Before bluegras twisted the reading comprehension around and confused the issue, the initial question was on having a Hopper / Super Joey channel on the Roku, not the other way around.

Unfortunately with bluegrass persistence on the app issue the sentence "Do you think this app......." Will forever have a different meaning now :)

Roku is a platform. Not an app, I would not expect Roku on Dish unless dish buys Roku.
I don't think you're understanding me (or I'm not being very clear).

I would like there to be an app FOR Roku boxes that can stream shows from the Hopper. As said above me, a "Virtual Joey", like a Dish Anywhere app on Roku. I have three Joey's, but I have two TV's that only have a Blu-ray player and a Roku. I'd love to be able to access my DVR recordings on those TV's via my Roku's.

I would like there to be an app FOR Roku boxes that can stream shows from the Hopper. As said above me, a "Virtual Joey", like a Dish Anywhere app on Roku. I have three Joey's, but I have two TV's that only have a Blu-ray player and a Roku. I'd love to be able to access my DVR recordings on those TV's via my Roku's.
You were very clear, then bluegras took your comment and twisted it into his own little parable.

I would like to present the option for going the other way- Hopper with a Roku app so we have both sides of the issue . . .

Everyone said the same about the Joey, "its a platform, not an app"

Now the Joey is an app ran on LG
Today there are Roku Emulators that run on Windows (used for developers) so it is for sure possible to turn the Roku into an app.

Now can the Hopper handle the CPU and RAM requirements, I can't answer that.
If Dish make the Roku as a USB device add on like the USB OTA tuner and made it show up on channel 000 then I am sure it is possible. Dish could sell the add on and make large profits.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I get what you're saying know. It was just worded poorly but now I understand and it makes sense to have an app on the Roku for Dish.

Dish may be in cahoots with Roku already. They were giving them away like candy last year to anyone who asked for one. That's how I got mine.

Seems more likely that Echostar would buy Roku not Dish, but the impact would be the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)