Dish Announces Fixed LTE Service In Conjunction With NTelos, Aimed at Rural Markets

Would be nice if they mentioned the pricing. It would be really nice if Dish could come in under 50 cents/GB, or even unlimited. That would make it a true replacement for DSL or cable modems.

would be nice if they would tie LTE or any type of wireless to towers from their VIP receivers so you are pretty much gonna get connectivity on each and every install as an installer connectivity can kill you when putting them things in around the back woods!

I mean I guess my question is will they provide some sorta plugin wifi adapter to connect to Ntelos wireless for example to be connected and will it be free of charge considering how much money they pay out for sling links and so on to get people connected?

Last edited:
You are more likely to not get service from cell towers than satellites in regions of trees and hills/mountains.

I live in the test area and am really interested in this. I currently can only get DSL from one provider and highest speed available is 3 mbps at $59.95/month. I would love to get 20 mbps! My only concern is if Ntelos will keep the project going, they have a history of trying new things too fast and not working out the bugs/issues and then dropping it all together.

I live in the test area and am really interested in this. I currently can only get DSL from one provider and highest speed available is 3 mbps at $59.95/month. I would love to get 20 mbps! My only concern is if Ntelos will keep the project going, they have a history of trying new things too fast and not working out the bugs/issues and then dropping it all together.
I recently went from a 1.5 meg connection to a 20+ meg connection and don't really notice a big difference in everyday browsing. of course I can stream video that I could not before, but other then that not really a big difference. dropping my dsl with phone service and changing to cable internet and using a MJ for the phone decreased my bill over 30 bucks so it was a win-win, but if I had to pay a lot more for the increased speed I would not do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts